I / We _________________________________________________________ (hereafter referred to as the surrendering party) agree to surrender the following named ferret(s), ________________________________________ and have chosen to enlist the services of the Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area, who will attempt to find a new home for said ferret(s). The following conditions are hereby stated and must be upheld for this Agreement to be valid.
1. It is understood that the ferret or ferrets are being surrendered for their continued welfare and that the Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area accepts said ferret(s) in an AS IS condition. Therefore, the Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area assumes full ownership, and thereby full responsibility, for any current or future illnesses which said ferret(s) may suffer while in the custody of the FRSO.
2. Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area reserves the right of refusal in placing the ferret or ferrets surrendered if it is the judgement of the FRSO that certain prerequisites of ownership are not met. No ferret will be placed knowingly in any home or institution for the purpose of ritual, rite, or experimentation. No ferret will be placed knowingly in any home where any form of poor ownership or abuse of any animal has occurred in the past.
3. The Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area guarantees that said ferret(s) will receive the utmost care while residing in their care. Furthermore, the Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area guarantees that said ferret(s) will receive the utmost care and consideration in their placement with a new owner and that the FRSO reserves the right for future contact with the adoptive party in the interest of continued health and welfare concerns.
4. Upon surrender, the surrendering party gives up all rights of ownership of said ferret(s). Visitation of said ferret(s) is NOT permitted while said ferret(s) reside with the Rescue unless a special agreement has been made at the time of surrender. Furthermore, the surrendering party has no right to contact the adoptive party concerning said ferret(s) without consent.
5. The Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area agrees to retain ownership of said ferret(s) until an adoptive home can be found. If, for any reason, the FRSO cannot allow said ferret(s) to reside with the Society (i.e. quarantine, health hazard, economic hardship resulting in lowered quality of care to ferrets, legislation banning ownership of ferrets in this zone, relocation or closure of the FRSO, or for any other reason) then the FRSO agrees to place said ferret(s) with another recognized Ferret Shelter or Rescue Society to ensure that quality care will be given to said ferret(s).
6. The Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area will make every attempt possible to place multiple ferrets surrendered to the FRSO into the same home where possible.
7. The Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area operates this rescue and adoption facility as a service to the domestic ferret and as such is not a business, but is rather a not-for-profit charity. All monies collected are to cover the cost of feeding and maintaining the health of domestic ferrets, at no profit to the Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area.
Your donation in the amount of $______________ will help to pay for rabies & distemper vaccinations, ADV tests and other vet expenses we will incur while taking care of your ferret. Donations for more than $20 are eligible for a tax receipt.
By signing this contract, the surrendering party agrees to all conditions set in the above contract and that they give up all rights to the above named ferret(s).