I find that there's often not much need to invest in pricey toys for ferts, as a lot of things I've already got in the house keep them endlessly entertained.
What around-the-house stuff do you use to keep your fuzzies entertained?
Here's a few I'm a big fan of:
- Plastic grocery bags (under supervision, of course, but they LOVE the crinkles and burrowing in them)
- Toilet paper rolls (they love attacking them and stashing them)
- Stainless steel mixing bowl (a weird one, but they love the noise it makes if they climb in and flail about!)
- Clean dryer tubes (this one should be obvious - tunnels)
- Strands of yarn (for chasing and tackling)
- Plastic bottles (watching them trying to stash these is a hoot and a half...)
- Cardboard boxes with packing peanuts (I often get big packages, and save the box + peanuts for a free digbox. Just be sure to supervise fuzzies so they don't ingest peanuts. Mine have no interest in putting the peanuts in their mouths)
Share your freebie ideas!