Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
Products
Divider
Email info (at) ferretrescue.ca Phone 613-296-4357 Home Ferrets About Us Help Us FAQ Links Photos Products Contact Us Francais
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register
+ Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
|-+ Ferret Talk
| |-+ Best Buys for Supplies (Moderator: alliemackie)
| | |-+ Wood stove pellets ALL YEAR ROUND!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Wood stove pellets ALL YEAR ROUND!  (Read 5460 times)
elfbabe

« on: September 17, 2008, 12:57:23 PM »

I stopped by the Innes Rona this morning on the way home from an appointment with Dr. Auger. They didn't have wood stove pellets and didn't know when they'd come in, but a very helpful employee told me to look up "Ottawa Wood Pellets" online. After calling the nice man at Ottawa Wood Pellet Sales to ask the very stupid question "Do you have wood pellets?" (tomorrow I think I will call Canadian Tire and ask if they have tires) I headed out! ... and out and out and out.

Past places that sold RVs and hot tubs... past corn and wheat and tractors... to a guy who farms and sells pellet stoves and pellets! He's got lots and lots in stock, $4.80 for the 40lb bags and $4.50 for 35lb bags that are meant to be used as horse bedding. (apparently they are a little softer and break apart a little easier) And he says he keeps them in stock all year!

So if you are willing to drive down to Mitch Owens Road, or if you can work out delivery with him (not sure how much it would cost, but his card says he delivers) you may not need to hoard wood stove pellets in the summer anymore. Yay! But given the problems Rona's had getting them in, I bought 400lb anyway.  Grin

Contact info:
Ottawa Wood Pellet Stoves
Walter Bunda
613-822-0574
8310 Mitch Owens Rd., Edwards, Ontario K0A 1V0

If you're driving there, don't trust Google Maps - take 417 to Boundary Rd. to Mitch Owens, not Bank to Mitch Owens.

Edit: Oh, and he apparently only takes cash or cheques, judging by what's on the receipt he gave me. Dunno if he'd actually take a cheque for a relatively small purchase, but regardless, don't expect to use your debit card.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 03:47:25 PM by elfbabe » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: