Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
Products
Divider
Email info (at) ferretrescue.ca Phone 613-296-4357 Home Ferrets About Us Help Us FAQ Links Photos Products Contact Us Francais
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register
+ Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
|-+ Ferret Talk
| |-+ Introductions (Moderator: alliemackie)
| | |-+ Hello
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1821 times)
ferret_girl

« on: July 25, 2007, 10:20:07 AM »

Hi Everyone,

After many months of reading the forums on the Ferret Rescue website for valuable advice, I have finally decided to start posting myself. I am a 5th year student at the University of Ottawa where I am studying both English and Communications. I currently work for both the City of Ottawa and Bells Corner's Animal Hospital (one of the only clinics in the west end that treats exotics with considerable knowledge). I have 2 wonderful ferrets named Ozzy and Duncan. Ozzy is the first ferret that I have owned, he is a 2 year old sable that I rescued from BCAH in December. He was not getting the attention that he deserved, so his owner asked if I would like him...relunctantly I agreed and it was the best decision I ever made. I adopted Duncan, a masked 3year old,  from the Ferret Rescue in February as a companion for Ozzy, who was attempting to bond with my not so pleased cats. They have become the best of friends since and I am so thankful for that. Over the past 6 months both ferrets have been through up and downs. In late February Ozzy suffered a mysterious disease that left him fairly lethargic and not wanting to eat or drink. After 3 days; however, on IV fluids he was as good as new (knock on wood). In late May Duncan also suffered a mysterious illness that left him on the brink of death. Thankfully he pulled out of it after numerous different types of treatments for numerous possible causes. To this day the vet who cared for him is unsure exactly what caused this tramatic experience but she thinks that may have been toxicity (yikes...I know).

My boys are honestly the loves of my life. They get full run of the house and I light up everytime they decide to grace me with their presence. They are truly a blessing.

I am currently considering adopting a baby ferret to join my crew of many pets that includes  2 chinchillas, 2 dogs, 3 cats, 2 ferrets, 2 finchs and a very large lizard. (Not all those pets are mine; however, my parents claim ownership pver many of them). While I love my older boys I think that I am ready to introduce a younger guy to my family.

In conclusion, I would just like to say that I am so glad that there is a place for animal/ferret lovers to come together and discuss the problems and conquers of their beloved pets.

Take Care,
Ashley

fuzzyfostermum
FRSO Board

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 08:51:05 AM »

Hey Ashley!!! Welcome aboard and it is so nice to hear from you again!!!!  It is always so wonderful when I hear how successful an adoption was, especially when it was a foster from my chaotic home...nothing's changed  :blink: .....Give Duncan and Ozzy a kiss for me!

Tongue  
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: