Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
Products
Divider
Email info (at) ferretrescue.ca Phone 613-296-4357 Home Ferrets About Us Help Us FAQ Links Photos Products Contact Us Francais
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register
+ Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
|-+ Ferret Talk
| |-+ Introductions (Moderator: alliemackie)
| | |-+ Hello Everyone
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hello Everyone  (Read 3988 times)
xrayspex

« on: June 25, 2007, 08:16:39 AM »

I am new to the site (just joined) and received my forum approval from the administrator and could not wait to post. I need a group that fancies ferrets. I found out about this site from the Lightning strikes pet loss site. I lost two of my best friends within 3 months of each other. The nightmare started on November 11th in 2006. I still grieve these great creatures today. I will post more on them later.

In my life currently my wife and I enjoy 2 magnificent ferrets, Angel & Rocket. Both are young, 1 year & one half, 3 months respectively. Angel is a true albino & Rocket is the typical ferret with the “bandit mask”. Incidentally they are both “bandits”. I had to have my ferret of 8 years old (Abigail) euthanized in March of late and I was not allowed to be present for the procedure like people who wish to be with their dogs and cats right to the end. Sadly this has haunted me since I still feel a lot of guilt not being with her in her last moments. Ferrets are the grandest of all furbabies in my opinion. I will never live my life without one. This is why I came here. I wish to continue learning about and hearing others talk about theirs even though I have had ferrets in my life for about 15 years now.
Although I have talked much on the lightning strikes web site about my ferrets that site deals with the profuse grief associated with a dying furbaby. I wish to try and move forward in this difficult time for my wife and me and celebrate the ferrets that grace our lives. I will NEVER, however forget the joy my two departed companions brought into my life. On that note I will take my long winded leave of you folks. I hope to see more posts soon.

CLICK ON ME & SMILE
http://youtube.com/18foxtrot
I am in "LONDON, ONTARIO"
FuzzyWuzzy
FRSO Members

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 12:01:21 PM »

Welcome to the forums!

Sorry to hear about the loss of your two furbabies, though. Sad
FerretsR4Me

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 07:14:39 PM »

Hi!

Welcome to the board!

I'm sorry to hear about your loss too  Sad . I also went through it in February and I still miss my little girl soooo much. I hope Angel and Rocket help to heal the pain. Ferrets are such special beings with wonderful inspiring spirits. I consider myself blessed to have been loved by three over the years. You never forget them.

Here's to moving forward Smiley
xrayspex

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 04:46:33 AM »

The two ferrets that are depicted in the avatar are the ferrets that are now departed. Chase is the one with the mask. She died when she was only 4 and in her sleep. To this very day we don't know what went wrong. Through sobs in the backyard one late November evening while my wife held a flashlight we buried her. Abigail is the sable ferret and lived to the grand old age of 8. She got really sick one day and could not stand up. We took her to the vet to get her well and came home with an empty cage. Let me tell you all this is definitely enough to make a grown man cry. Now that I have gotten through that I will spare everbody of any more sad stories. I will dwell on my healthy babies. I just had to mention them, I just had to speak their names and talk about them. I loved them so much.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 04:46:46 AM by xrayspex » Logged

CLICK ON ME & SMILE
fuzzyfostermum
FRSO Board

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 09:51:07 AM »

Hello friend!!!

Great virtual hugs in your direction!  As a foster mum with 20 to 30 ferrets at any given time over the years, I've said goodbye to so many wonderful furry souls! Each has touched my life in their own special ways and all I hold in my heart long after they are gone. I will forget none!  Sometimes, when I need a good cry...I am a girl after all  Wink .....I visit the rainbow bridge to see the stories of those that we've had to say goodbye to and to visit some of my old friends.  Chi chi was my first ferret that got the ball rolling to where I am today so he has quite the legacy! My avatar picture is my Pheonix who I lost to an unknown illness while I was overseas last year.

We bring these wonderful creatures into our lives and will no doubt have to say goodbye too soon it seems. Yet we know that we are enriched by their companionship and keep our homes open to any fuzzbutt in need!  Welcome to our family, share the good times and bad and we'll all get through it together!!!!!!!!!

Me Smiley
xrayspex

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 06:19:23 AM »

Maam.....I was a soldier in the Canadian Army for a long period of time and sometimes "I" need a good cry. My wife has often talked about looking in our area to see if we could be, or aid, in "ferret rescue". While I find that idea attractive I also know being the sap that I am, I will become angered when I see the way that other humans (and I use that term loosely) treat these great creatures and (here comes the sap part) I would probably cry every time I had to let one go. I still do that over my two dear departed babies that I lost not so long ago. So icksnay on the girl thing OK :lol:
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 08:41:24 AM by xrayspex » Logged

CLICK ON ME & SMILE
Sci-Ferret

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 07:19:55 AM »

It's okay. Everyone knows that only the truly manly men cry... Wink

You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing.
fuzzyfostermum
FRSO Board

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 10:59:32 AM »

Ha ha!! I stand corrected.....and am sooooo pleased to hear it...... :lol:  I was raised by my mounty father who always told me that '..Mounty's don't cry...'......

We are all saps here.......it is difficult when animals are at the mercy of ignorance and cruelty.......I had always wanted to be a vet and had aimed in that direction since a very young age. Once in university, I headed in the direction of paramedicine.  As a paramedic I deal with people, the good, the bad and the ugly, and still seem to maintain my sanity.  I truly believe that if I had followed the dream of being a vet, I would be a much angrier and bitter person today.  People can be so damned obstinate and blind, at the expense of other living creatures. It's bad enough when they do it to each other........not many say, 'no, you can't buy that rat, you're not kind enough'......

We fight the little battles we can and save the souls we do and go from there........

Wink  
Viper
FRSO Members

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 11:49:32 AM »

We fight the little battles we can and save the souls we do and go from there........
Amen!

Keep on Dooking!
benjamin770108
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2007, 02:59:15 PM »

Any time I read a rescue or abuse story I get very depressed, hopeless, sad, angry, and choke back bitter tears.  Then inevitably, one of my little guys will run by with some stolen object in their mouth, and I'll laugh and then cry again thinking that the hurt ones could have had a good life like my guys.  And it all seems so shameful and a waste of ferret love.  They are so boundless with positive energy and playfullness!  

"We fight the little battles we can and save the souls we do and go from there........"

this is absolutely poetic, and true.  The intense caring compassion of everyone here and others like us may give humanity its reprieve.

fuzzyfostermum
FRSO Board

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2007, 09:58:53 PM »

....I believe that it is with this very attitude that I can go on doing what I do with the others who dedicate so much time in 'cleaning up' other's messes.  I laugh everyday at one ferret or another doing something silly and crazy for no particular reason other than to say, 'this is me happy'...'thunk!'.....

If I had the room  and the money I would confiscate all unwanted, mishandled, neglected, and abused fuzzbutts even if I had to pay some damned fool off to do it!  As it stands, we are inhibited by precedence and finances.  What I mean is that we cannot start buying unwanted kids from places like usedottawa.com or from pet stores that are barely providing the basic necessities, let alone seeing to it that their charges are even healthy. :angry:  We would run out of resources quickly and there would be no incentive for others to surrender them to our organization or make donations. Quite the opposite.....sure you can have our kids...for a price.  Also, we would most definately not be solving the issue of pet stores.......

Atleast there is comfort in knowing we are all in this together and there most definately is strength in numbers!!!!!!!!

Me  Wink  
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: