Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
Products
Divider
Email info (at) ferretrescue.ca Phone 613-296-4357 Home Ferrets About Us Help Us FAQ Links Photos Products Contact Us Francais
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register
+ Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
|-+ Ferret Talk
| |-+ General Discussions (Moderator: alliemackie)
| | |-+ Bald Ferret Skin Care
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bald Ferret Skin Care  (Read 1423 times)
egammell
FRSO Members

« on: January 26, 2006, 10:44:34 PM »

Foster Skyler is partially bald (Jasmine preemptively helped off the loose fur on his back off and it hasn't grown back yet).

My old ferret Smudge was pretty much all bald for about a year and a half(uncurable adrenal probalems).  What worked beautifully with him was a mixture of jojoba oil (this doesn't go rancid as most other oils do after a while in contact with air) and a drop of Vitamin E oil (which otherwise is too stiff to spread comfortably).  He was as soft and smooth as a luxury kidskin glove!

I've also tried some pure beeswax hand creme on Skyler, smearing a glob on my fingers and holding them close to the radiator for a moment or two to soften it up a bit more.  He is sensitive while it's being rubbed on, but it seems to help and he doesn't lick at it.  He licks at almond massage oil.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: