Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
Products
Divider
Email info (at) ferretrescue.ca Phone 613-296-4357 Home Ferrets About Us Help Us FAQ Links Photos Products Contact Us Francais
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register
+ Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
|-+ Ferret Talk
| |-+ Best Buys for Supplies (Moderator: alliemackie)
| | |-+ Favorite Ferret Food
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Favorite Ferret Food  (Read 7923 times)
ferretfan
FRSO Board

« on: July 27, 2004, 02:35:28 PM »

What ferret food do you use most when feeding your ferrets!

Webmaster
http://www.ferretrescue.ca
Weaselwoman
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2004, 08:57:54 PM »

I feed Wellness brand Kitten food!  As far as I'm concerned it's the healthiest stuff out there.  They use only human-grade ingredients, no by-products and no chemicals or additives and no fish products.  They also have the right ratio of proteins to fats and carbs.  Don't let the lack of a ferret on the bag fool you!  No, it's not cheap, but none of the good ones are.  
Kris
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2005, 07:46:05 AM »

I use Frankie Ferret... but I think you can only get it here in the UK.
L-Dawg
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2005, 04:08:19 PM »

We use Living World Premium Ferret Food.  But now that we have Bandit, we might have to find a store that sells bigger bags.  I swear he might be part ferret part pig! Wink
Yukkabelle

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2005, 11:09:38 PM »

I mix Totally Ferret with Living World Prenium Ferret Food and Iams Kitty in a big box (old plastic ice cream box) ... and I keep it in the fridge.  

Yukka[/font]
ferretlover
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2005, 05:57:20 PM »

I feed my guys Living World Premium Ferret food and I find it works great. They love it and their poops are less stinky. When I first got my ferrets they were on Marshalls diet and I found that they really smelt alot. Now it is less noticeable that I have two ferrets in my house. Its great!  Cheesy  
cbchatouille
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2005, 06:07:30 PM »

I don't use a ferret food. I use cat food, eukanuba for kitten. is it good?? and witch ferret food is good and more cheap? because marshall is 25$ for a very small bag, it's little bit expensive!
ferretfan
FRSO Board

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2005, 05:45:18 PM »

Eukanuba kitten is a good choice!  So is Iams Kitten and Wellness Kitten.  Most ferret foods are more expensive than kitten foods.  The only ferret foods I would consider using are Sheppard and Green, Totally Ferret and Living World Premium (I prefer to mix 4 different foods together).

Lynn

Webmaster
Flakyfreakyferretlady
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2005, 04:33:13 PM »

how about the 8 in 1 Ultimate (white bag)Huh  Is that OK?
ferretfan
FRSO Board

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2005, 05:57:17 PM »

According to the food chart at Northern Ohio Ferret Association, the 8 in 1 Ultimate is also an excellent choice.

Lynn

Webmaster
Jade
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2005, 11:21:06 PM »

Hiya

I feed my babies a mixture of Marshall's Premium,8 In 1 Ultra Blend, and a good kitten food which I will be switching to adult soon as they are all reaching a year old. I'm also experimenting with adding  8 In 1 Ultimate to the mix because I've heard really good things about it.
 I'm pretty sure they eat better then I do   <_<  the spoiled little darlings lol.

~Jade~
ferretfan
FRSO Board

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2005, 05:03:41 AM »

The problem I have with the Marshalls (other than the fact that my fuzzies hated it) is it has a large amount of fish in it.  This makes for a smellier food and much smellier poops!  Please continue using a quality kitten food as Adult Cat food is NOT suitable for a ferret diet.

Lynn

Webmaster
Jade
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2005, 06:57:28 PM »

ya marshals is great that way lol but unfortunalty I have to keep them on it for there health guarantee, and I was only considering changing to a adult food because of different artcles and books I've read... but thank you for the heads up about it I'll make sure they stay on the kitten food, it has more torine in it anyways Tongue
~Jade~  
cbchatouille
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2005, 02:19:37 PM »

it is good if i give eukaneuba and 8 In 1 ( mixted)? or it's ok only with eukaneuba?
ferretfan
FRSO Board

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2005, 08:58:22 AM »

8in1 Ultimate mixed with Eukanuba should be fine.  

Webmaster
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: