Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
Products
Divider
Email info (at) ferretrescue.ca Phone 613-296-4357 Home Ferrets About Us Help Us FAQ Links Photos Products Contact Us Francais
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register
+ Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
|-+ Ferret Talk
| |-+ General Discussions (Moderator: alliemackie)
| | |-+ Males or females
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Males or females  (Read 2391 times)
fertasticfour
« on: April 24, 2005, 06:58:47 PM »

Would you say males ferrets are generally more playful or females?
cbchatouille
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 07:57:43 PM »

I think is female...
Jade
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 10:05:24 PM »

I think it is equal lol many people say that males are more calm and cuddly then females but I find that mine are all affectionate and very playful lol so it's a toss up in my opinion  Tongue

Or it could be mine are all odd :unsure:  lol

Jade
ferretlover
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 05:41:33 PM »

I think it totally depends on the individual ferret. I have a female and a male at home. My female is the biggest "suck" ever. She always wants to be cuddled and will even jump up on your leg to get your attention (as if to say"pick me up" and then she's content). As for my male he is so spastic. He doesn't want anything to do with cuddling. All he wants is to be chased and to chase. And to play fetch with his favourite jingle ball.
But I have noticed a lot of other ferrets I met are different. Some males are the opposite, they are quite docile and cuddly. And the females are more outgoing. So, I don't think that there is a set temperment for females and males. But thats just my opinion.
ferretfan
FRSO Board

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2005, 09:05:14 PM »

I have three females and one male ferret and have fostered a large number of others.  All I can say is each ferret is unique.  My male ferret is a big bouncy goof who never stops.  One of my females spends her time plotting her escapes or how to get on my desk.  Another female loves to play with our big bouncy male and hates to be put in the cage.  I've had males and females are all kissy and cuddly, some who love to climb, some who constantly look for escape routes and some who just love to run and play.

Lynn

Webmaster
Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
http://www.ferretrescue.ca
fertasticfour
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 11:48:52 AM »

Thanks for the information everyone its been helpful.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: