Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
Products
Divider
Email info (at) ferretrescue.ca Phone 613-296-4357 Home Ferrets About Us Help Us FAQ Links Photos Products Contact Us Francais
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register
+ Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
|-+ Ferret Talk
| |-+ Best Buys for Supplies (Moderator: alliemackie)
| | |-+ Ferret/Critter Nation cage - where to buy & single or double unit?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Ferret/Critter Nation cage - where to buy & single or double unit?  (Read 3127 times)
ssmcgill

« on: November 28, 2012, 05:42:48 PM »

Hi guys, I hope you are all doing well!

We're considering downgrading from our 3-level ferret cage to an easier to clean Ferret Nation or Critter Nation cage. Where's the best place to buy one? (None on Kijiji right now.)

We have two slow-moving senior ferrets that sleep on the bottom level 95% of the time. Would a single unit FN cage be ok for two old ferrets? (They are in the cage during weekday working hours.) Is there another cage you would recommend?

Many thanks!
Sarah (human of Chi & Horatio)

Our fuzzies: Chi (female), Horatio (male), RIP Spunkmeyer (male)
ferretfan
FRSO Board

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 10:06:37 AM »

Hi Sarah,

To be honest, I haven't been looking at the cages in the stores so I have no idea who stocks these right now.  I would try calling Critter Jungle and PetSmart to see what they offer.  I do know Jen at the rescue picked up a donated cage a few weeks ago but don't know if they are selling it or using it at a foster home.

I find the older ferrets seem to do best in a single level cage.  I've got my old Marshalls cages split in half so I can fit two groups of 2 or 3 ferrets into each half of the cage (with litter box, feeding bowls, lots and lots of blankets and hammocks and hanging cubes for the ones who are a little more agile) and they do fine as long as they get their out if cage time a few hours each day.

Webmaster
Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
http://www.ferretrescue.ca
ssmcgill

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 01:42:39 PM »

Thanks so much FerretFan! I think at least PetSmart has the double-units, so I'll do that and give them a call.

Our fuzzies: Chi (female), Horatio (male), RIP Spunkmeyer (male)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: