Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
Products
Divider
Email info (at) ferretrescue.ca Phone 613-296-4357 Home Ferrets About Us Help Us FAQ Links Photos Products Contact Us Francais
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register
+ Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
|-+ Ferret Talk
| |-+ General Discussions (Moderator: alliemackie)
| | |-+ Second Deslorelin Implant Not Working
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Second Deslorelin Implant Not Working  (Read 2057 times)
dodgingwrenches

« on: April 22, 2012, 08:03:54 AM »

I'd normally ask Dr Auger about this, but not sure where he is nowadays. My Squirt got her second deslorelin implant this past fall, but she's not for the first time in years showing symptoms. Tail fur is almost gone, and she's lethargic and somewhat itchy. I guess the implant isn't working. Anyone else have similar experiences with the second implant? Mine were two years apart as per Dr Auger's direction (although some say this was too long, but she wasn't symptomatic when she got the second one)
ferretfan
FRSO Board

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 06:51:20 PM »

My Pepsi is on his second implant and it's still helping, although his fur has gotten thinner and coarser as the years go by.  The unfortunate truth is this is not a cure, it only delays the effects, so there will come a day where the implant alone will not be able to counter the effects of the growing tumour.

If she continues to be lethargic and itchy, I would suggest a vet visit to rule out other possible issues.

Webmaster
Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
http://www.ferretrescue.ca
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: