Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
Products
Divider
Email info (at) ferretrescue.ca Phone 613-296-4357 Home Ferrets About Us Help Us FAQ Links Photos Products Contact Us Francais
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register
+ Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
|-+ Ferret Talk
| |-+ Introductions (Moderator: alliemackie)
| | |-+ Hi everybody
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hi everybody  (Read 3387 times)
Flop
« on: February 16, 2005, 10:04:36 PM »

Hi!

My girlfriend have 2 ferrets; Furax and Dodu (french name)... They are pretty funny.
We also have a dog and 2 cobayes.  Cheesy

We live in Montreal. I'm currently studying Computer at CEGEP, and she will soon begin  a DEC in Animal Health.

Our speaking language is french... I know i'm making many mistakes in english, so don't be shy to correct me if you can't understand what I just said.  
 :blink:
nykki
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2005, 10:15:02 PM »

Nice to meet you.  Do you ever get to Ottawa?  You should try to come on May 29.  We have our bi yearly ferret frollic.  There were 85 ferrets at the last one.  It is a great way to meet other ferret owners and see all kinds of cute fuzzies.

How long have you had ferrets?

Nykki
Flop
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2005, 06:07:34 PM »

Thanks for the invitation! Although we are not anglophone, that would be funny. There's no way my girlfriend could resist to 85 ferrets.  :lol:

I had never gone to Ottawa, but I'm not affraid to.

We had ferrets for 1 and ½ year, but she had another when she was younger.
Flakyfreakyferretlady
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2005, 01:02:47 AM »

Hi FLOP, I'm just trying to figure out what 'cobayes' are.  You mention you have 2 of them?  Ferrets are a lot of fun, it will be nice, your girlfriend will have a lot of knowledge on animal health issues to help you with your pets.  What kind of dog do you have?  Well, hope to see you at the frolic.  By the way, I have 4 ferrets plus 2 foster ferrets! A busy place!
Flop
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2005, 01:58:36 AM »

Cobaye = Cochon d'inde in french...  guinea-pig?

My dog is a mainly German Shepherd female. She's very... energic. I think she have 6 month now!

6 ferrets! That's a funny house for sure!
nykki
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2005, 09:26:39 PM »

That is too funny!  I have a sheppard/husky mix dog as well.  He is a sweetie.

I foster ferrets and up until last night had 17 ferrets, two cats and one dog.  As you can imagine the house was quite busy!!!

I am very pleased to report that 6 were adopted out yesterday, one person adopted a full 5!!!! They are very lucky ferrets.

We do have people within our organization and members who speak wonderful French so if you do make it to Ottawa you will not be left out at all!!!

I hope to be able to meet you and your fuzzies at the Frollic.  

Nykki
Yukkabelle

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2005, 10:18:25 PM »

Bonjour Flop,

Bienvenue ici... contente de t'avoir parmis nous.

Oui cochon d'inde c'est un guinea pig.
Je m'appelle Marie-Agnès, alias Yukkabelle.

J'ai 3 furets Nahum, Anika et Apollo et 1 furet qui a traversé le pont arc en ciel, c'est Cody...."the rainbow bridge", quand un furet nous quitte nous disons qu'il s'en va danser et jouer avec tous ses autres amis là-bas...

Je suis bénévole pour le refuge d'Ottawa, et je suis aussi une maman d'accueil pour furet en attente d'adoption "foster mom"...

Jusqu'à la semaine passée j'avais 3 fosters ... Jingles, Pixie et Cricket, ils ont été adoptés... Ils ont été chez nous pendant presque 10 mois ... ils me manquent beaucoup.

Le frolic, c'est vraiment le fun, ça serait plaisant que vous veniez ... moi j'y serai avec mes tits poupoux ... Je suis francophone aussi, mais avec les furets, la barrière des langues est beaucoup plus facile à sauter.

Tout le monde ici est gentil et aidant....

J'aime beaucoup le nom de Dodu ... est-ce un gros tit poux?

A bientôt
Marie-Agnès

Yukka[/font]
Flakyfreakyferretlady
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2005, 09:13:41 AM »

Bonjour!!  Ah, oui, les cobayes, je compris maintenant!  Je voudrais essayer a ecrire au francais, mais je suis pauvre a sa, je suis peur Sad .    Mon ami ou habite a L'Ilse de Perrot, elle a beaucoup de cobaye.  Quand j'etais jeune, je avais une cochon d'inde, elle s'appelle Sally, elle est blanche.  si vous espairez(?) (voulez), vous peuvez corriger ma grammaire, j'aime sa, et vous aussi, Marie-Agnes, s'il vous plait Smiley  Merci et donne une beck dans tout les votres animaux pour moi! Cheesy

"Hello!!  Ah, yes, cobayes, I understand now.  I should like to try to write in french, but I am poor at that, I'm afraid.  My friend who lives at L'Isle de Perrot she has a lot of them.  when I was young, I had one quini pig, her name was Sally, she was white.  If you wish (want/will) you can correct my grammer, i would like that, and you too, Marie-Agnes, if you please.  Thank you and give a kiss to all your animals for me!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 09:42:58 AM by Flakyfreakyferretlady » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: