Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
Products
Divider
Email info (at) ferretrescue.ca Phone 613-296-4357 Home Ferrets About Us Help Us FAQ Links Photos Products Contact Us Francais
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register
+ Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
|-+ Ferret Talk
| |-+ Introductions (Moderator: alliemackie)
| | |-+ new to this site
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: new to this site  (Read 1533 times)
furryface47

« on: July 17, 2010, 01:18:48 PM »

Hi. My name is John. I have a 4 month old male ferret and I finally got him cage litter box trained. He gets out of his cage at least twice a day, often more. We also have two cats. One cat doesn't care for the ferret but the other cat and the ferret have become friends and often play chase games. Its so funny watching a ferret chase a cat. Ha!  I am in the process of getting him used to a harness and leash and hope to take him to the local park. He didn't like the harness at first but I left it on him and he is used to it now. Next step will be the leash. I read that to get him used to the leash is to put it on the harness and let him run around the house with it to get used to it.

I am trying to find a vet that is knowledgeable about ferrets that is in Ottawa west or Kanata area. Any suggestions? Email me at furryface47@yahoo.ca
Ferrettaxi
FRSO Board

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 03:12:51 PM »

Hi John!

Welcome to the "family"! You're doing everything right, so keep up the good work. Getting used to the constraints of the harness will take time, as well as the walking on a leash part Smiley  Just keep in mind that you always want to take the ferret to a "no dogs allowed" dog park, for their own safety and NEVER let them drink from any unknown outdoor water source. Always bring fresh water for them for the trip. 

Best of luck and have fun!
Jen
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: