Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
Products
Divider
Email info (at) ferretrescue.ca Phone 613-296-4357 Home Ferrets About Us Help Us FAQ Links Photos Products Contact Us Francais
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register
+ Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
|-+ FRSO Updates
| |-+ Foster Ferrets
| | |-+ February 2005
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: February 2005  (Read 3742 times)
ferretfan
FRSO Board

« on: February 01, 2005, 07:19:06 PM »

Some good news to start off the month: Nate and Gizmo have found a forever home!!

Fred and Peanut are doing well now.  Fred is on .25ml of Pediapred twice a day and it's made a big difference in his activity levels.  Peanut now weighs 1200g and has been taken off duck soup to see if his weight will stabilize there.

In addition to MJ and the group of 5 that arrived recently, we are now expecting 2 or 3 ferrets who are either ill or adrenal to arrive on the weekend.  This means we are once again running out of foster homes!  If anyone has applied to become a foster home and hasn't heard from us (for whatever reason), can you PLEASE contact us again via phone or email?Huh  

Thanks.

Lynn
« Last Edit: February 01, 2005, 07:22:38 PM by ferretfan » Logged

Webmaster
http://www.ferretrescue.ca
nykki
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 12:15:28 PM »

Luna still has a bald back half of her tail.  She is recieving lupron shots once a month.  She is still our Loony though.  Climbing whatever she can up or down doesn't matter to her.  She does come by to say hello more often which is very much appreciated!  She will not tolerate any new ferrets in her pack.
Nyx is still our little quiet one.  She putters around doing her own thing at her own pace.  She is starting to grey at the hind quarters and puts herself a way when she is done playing.
Schitzo is hilarious!  He, Phrenic and my ferret Munchkin are together and love playing!  The three of them have a complicated game of hide and seek with touches of tag they play around tunnels.  I love watching them play.  They like other ferrets but Schitzo will not tolerate cats in any way.
Ashton and Isis are permanent residents and are doing ok inspite of their health problems.  Ashton is on .5ml of Pediapred twice a day which is the max he is allowed to recieve.  Isis is now on heart meds as well.  They are a quieter pair but full of affection.  Ashton can always be found in the bottom half of the cat scratch toy when done playing, while Isis is close by hiding in a towel.
Flakyfreakyferretlady
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 09:51:12 PM »

Tika and Bandit are FUN ferrets. :lol:   They have lots of energy and enthusiasm, are very bright and friendly, and LOVE to play, both with their humans and on their own.  They love to be tickled and chased and wrestled with. They hop and jump about very joyously Tongue . Bandit likes to be petted, cuddled and scritched, while Tika is more go, go, go, but very affectionate in her own way. She is also super smart. They are both good climbers and jumpers. They need a lot of human interaction, and lots of time to run free. Both will nip when they become very excited during play so patience and gentle discipline is needed. They are very close to each other, but Tika will not tolerate other ferrets  Sad (at least not mine!).  They are a sweet and special pair.  Cheesy

ferretfan
FRSO Board

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2005, 06:01:39 PM »

There are a lot of comings and goings lately.  Artemus and Apollo were adopted today and Fred and Peanut may soon have a Forever home (hopefully within a week or so).

Skyler, Misty & Mocha arrived yesterday but will not be available for adoption until we are ceirtain of their health.  We also have two single ferrets arriving this week. Fortunately, we've received a lot of adoption applications lately, so we're doing our best to match up the arrivals with the applications.  If you don't hear from us (or haven't heard from us) within a week of applying, please feel free to call or email us - sometimes an application falls through the cracks as it's passed between foster homes.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2005, 06:02:04 PM by ferretfan » Logged

Webmaster
http://www.ferretrescue.ca
nykki
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2005, 10:21:08 PM »

A Further update.

Schitzo and Phrenic  have been adopted to a home with a fuzzie that looks just like them!  They met here and had a wonderful time playing.  We wish them all the best!

Ashton got really sick when his blood sugars were off.  Thanks to Dr. Auger he is back on track again and seems to be doing very well now.

Isis is on meds for her heart and now plays like a young one again.  I love watching her go!

Nyx is on meds for her breathing, and it is doing wonders for her.

Luna is slowing down but still full of character and still rules the roost!

The 5 young ones (certainly can't call Bruiser little) have all found a forever home all at the same house.  I am very happy that they get to stay together!

« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 10:22:44 PM by nykki » Logged
Yukkabelle

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2005, 11:48:30 PM »

Jingle, Pixie and Cricket going very well  Tongue ... but Pixie lost hair on her tail.  Sad  I have call Dr. Auger and he have say to me to wait in spring, and if that not push back I will bring Pixie ... that Dr Auger can examine her. She is on a very good mood and in very great form. She is always in exploration ... and in search for the remote control of the TV... each day!!!

Jingle follow me all the time everywhere and go to sleep with me on the sofa or on my bed after to have bitten my calves... We are in love :wub: He is a real clown Cheesy

Cricket is very cute ... very small ... She is a little friend with my Nahum and Apollo but not with Anika ... I must to separate them. She play a lot of with Pixie, running and hide.  :ph34r: The 2 are crazy:rolleyes:

When are the date of the update of their vaccination ? Now is the good vacine available? and what is the name of the good stuff ? Is Galaxie good?:mellow:

Thanks  

Yukka[/font]
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: