Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
Products
Divider
Email info (at) ferretrescue.ca Phone 613-296-4357 Home Ferrets About Us Help Us FAQ Links Photos Products Contact Us Francais
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register
+ Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
|-+ FRSO Updates
| |-+ Announcements
| | |-+ Buddy's Ark Launch
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Buddy's Ark Launch  (Read 2391 times)
ferretfan
FRSO Board

« on: April 28, 2010, 12:00:48 PM »

Join the Ferret Rescue and a number of other local pet rescue organizations at a public showcase event being held at the banquet hall of St. Giles Church (corner of Bank and First Avenue) on May 15 from 11am to 3pm.

Buddy's Ark is being founded to provide a forum for animal welfare missions in Ottawa and the surrounding areas to enable them to promote their cause.  Through collaboration, the goal is to generate greater public awareness and educate the community about the plight of stray, abandoned and neglected animals.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 12:07:49 PM by ferretfan » Logged

Webmaster
Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
http://www.ferretrescue.ca
Ferrettaxi
FRSO Board

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 10:12:22 AM »

For those of you interested, I will be attending this event along with some of our young and healthy fosters  Grin

I will also have some "people" related items for sale at this event INCLUDING hats sporting the NEW ferret logo! Any and all items can be purchased by cash or cheque payable to the FRSO.

Hope to see you there!
Jen 
Georgiesmom
FRSO Members

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 05:27:12 PM »

Bump for a reminder
Fuzzie_fan
FRSO Board

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 10:09:59 AM »

This was a great event!  Many thanks to the organizers.

For those of you who missed we should be posting some photos shortly on our Facebook Fan Page

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ferret-Rescue-Society-of-Ottawa/114051891965349#!/pages/Ferret-Rescue-Society-of-Ottawa/114051891965349

Come visit us there!

Ferrettaxi
FRSO Board

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 01:19:04 PM »

Our visit to the Buddy’s Ark event on Saturday was a huge success.

We got to meet with some other local and wonderful animal rescues, namely New Moon Rabbit Rescue, Cat Rescue Network and Westminster Pet Sanctuary to name a few.  We discussed various fund raising activities, checked out the products that they had for sale, and chatted over our various problems and successes.

It was very interesting to see how others laid out their booths, I certainly left with a lot of ideas that we will hopefully be able to implement in the future.

A huge thank you to Allison and Jessica without whose help I would have not been able to mingle with the other participants as much as I did.  These two ladies stayed all day and were an enormous help, an energetic pair, and a positive addition to our day.  Allie also took lots of photographs which we look forward to having posted on our website as well as on our Facebook Fan page very soon.

Thank you once again to the wonderful organiser and volunteers of this event and to St.Giles Church for hosting it. We had a fabulous day and look forward to participating next year.

Jen   
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: