Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
Products
Divider
Email info (at) ferretrescue.ca Phone 613-296-4357 Home Ferrets About Us Help Us FAQ Links Photos Products Contact Us Francais
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register
+ Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
|-+ Ferret Talk
| |-+ General Discussions (Moderator: alliemackie)
| | |-+ irratation from having stitches taken out?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: irratation from having stitches taken out?  (Read 1132 times)
jenen21

« on: April 09, 2010, 05:31:18 PM »

Hi All
Steve was fabulous at the vets on tues...this morning i noticed a very small red area and a tiny bit of seepage? i cleaned the area with peroxide on a q-tip and put some polysporin on it....I have another appointment on wed april 14th to get a rabies shot for steve(apparently hasnt had one )and a distemper and rabies booster for baily...
has anyone else had problems after stiches were removed?
Jenn
Ferrettaxi
FRSO Board

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 08:55:55 AM »

Infection issues, no, but it could happen. Keep a close eye on it. Depending on the vet, some clinics prefer to give antibiotics after surgery for the animal, as a preventative measure, others don't. Scabbing of the area will cause it to go a little red and be itchy BUT you should not have discharge. Nor should you have any coloured discharge, puss, nor should the surgical are start to smell. If this happens, take him in A.S.A.P.

Good luck,
Jen
jenen21

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 08:54:28 PM »

Hi
there is no puss or anything...its is just a bit pinkish and looks a bit wet(sometimes) i clean it with peroxide and there is no bubbling at all...i was puting polysporin on it but i switched to furacine (its a bit thicker and clings better..)
we are still going to the vet on wed..cause we need our shots...so we will keep a close eye on it till then
thanks alot
jenn
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: