Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
Products
Divider
Email info (at) ferretrescue.ca Phone 613-296-4357 Home Ferrets About Us Help Us FAQ Links Photos Products Contact Us Francais
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register
+ Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
|-+ Ferret Talk
| |-+ General Discussions (Moderator: alliemackie)
| | |-+ milk bones?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: milk bones?  (Read 1218 times)
jenen21

« on: March 16, 2010, 05:56:04 PM »

Hi al
Just found a stash of milk bones that the little Bailey has been hoarding...
Just wondering if the are ok for him to have?
he is more than fine running and playing and scaring the cats...
the milk bones are the smallest ones and I was buying them for one of my cats who developed a taste for them....I found 13 in his pile and only a couple look chewed...
Just wanting to know
Jenn
Georgiesmom
FRSO Members

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 09:18:24 PM »

I'm by no means an expert but I don't think a few nibbles would hurt little Bailey.  I suppose the risk would be if he were to get a chunk of cookie stuck in his throat.  My ferrets love chewing on those clear nylon bones, they don't shed lethal pieces like the rubber ones do.  Perhaps one of those would distract your sneaky little monkey. 
Kalimata

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 03:34:13 AM »

I wouldn't be at all concerned.  There are some who believe that you should only feed the best of the best (looks warily at his wife) but in my humble opinion, a milk bone here or there isn't going to hurt none.  That said, they shouldn't be given as a frequent treat.

Kali
jenen21

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 11:00:37 AM »

Hi All
I have confescated the milk bones and they are under lock and key, well they are in a ziplock bag in a rubbermaid container up on a high shelf....Bailey does still go back to where they used to be looking for them...
he is just going to have to find something else to steal.......hummm I wonder where my sock is going Smiley
By for now
jenn
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: