Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
Products
Divider
Email info (at) ferretrescue.ca Phone 613-296-4357 Home Ferrets About Us Help Us FAQ Links Photos Products Contact Us Francais
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register
+ Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
|-+ FRSO Updates
| |-+ Foster Ferrets
| | |-+ Did you hear the one about the ferret who ate a newt?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Did you hear the one about the ferret who ate a newt?  (Read 9754 times)
Georgiesmom
FRSO Members

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2010, 05:27:48 PM »

We have a whole army of people on this one now, one of whom is a member and the many other professionals that Dr C enlisted this week.  Also a vet in Maine that Tressie from the Atlantic Ferret Rescue hghly recommended.

Tomorrow is biopsy day and, as you know, I have had serious doubts this week about whether or not I am doing the right thing by Arthur.

Good luck with little Bandita tomorrow Kali.

Georgiesmom
FRSO Members

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2010, 10:12:54 AM »

Arthur had a skin biopsy on Friday so we await the results of that.  Dr C was also able to trim his very painful nails whilst he was sedated and to clean his ears because his sores are so bad now that there is nowhere to scruff him without causing him pain.  The very large hard scab was also removed, it was pretty messy under there but it is now dry and clean but sensitive.    Arthur is somewhat miserable right now because he is isolated and lonely but we just do not know how contagious this infection is.
Georgiesmom
FRSO Members

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2010, 08:51:49 PM »

Arthur in his current state, high doses of Pred and regular baths. 
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 08:53:26 PM by Georgiesmom » Logged
Georgiesmom
FRSO Members

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2010, 12:36:23 PM »

I hesitate to write this but I think Arthur is healing.  For the first time since his latest outbreak, he doesn't have one weeping sore and some of his fur is growing back.  We've been here before but I feel hopeful now.  We may not need to embark on the Imuran treatment.  The sooner I can wean this boy off the Prednisone the better but I would not do so without the say so from Dr Laite.  Positive thoughts please everyone, I so want this ferret to recover, he has suffered so much and has never been anything less than sweet thoughout. 
alliemackie
FRSO Members

Rescue Geek

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2010, 01:18:12 PM »

Here's hoping!

Fuzzie_fan
FRSO Board

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2010, 04:49:24 PM »

Thoughts and prayers for Arthur!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: