Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
Products
Divider
Email info (at) ferretrescue.ca Phone 613-296-4357 Home Ferrets About Us Help Us FAQ Links Photos Products Contact Us Francais
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register
+ Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
|-+ Ferret Talk
| |-+ General Discussions (Moderator: alliemackie)
| | |-+ Moving with ferrets
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Moving with ferrets  (Read 2472 times)
Puce

« on: December 04, 2009, 02:38:05 AM »

Hi everybody,

I'm moving to Spain and my best wish it's to do it with my ferrets. It's not easy because all the airlines company doesn't accept ferrets in cabin. I found one...Iberia. The problem with this one is that i have to take the plane in Boston so i have to pass 1 more frontier. I know that i have to vaccinate them at least 30 days before to arrive in Spain and under last 90 days. I also know that they need microchips for each one as passeport.
The problem is that i don't find information about USA and i have to take the plane there...a big problem.

Did somebody know how i can do it? Huh
Or better idea?

Thanks a lot for your answer...i don't want to loose my ferrets.  Cry
FerretsR4Me

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 08:37:33 PM »

Maybe contact the US Embassy? I'm not sure what information you're looking for?
ferretfan
FRSO Board

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 12:26:38 AM »

All I know is you need some paperwork proving their health as well as rabies and distemper vaccines.  Something your vet should be able to provide after a health exam and annual vaccines.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 12:28:26 AM by ferretfan » Logged

Webmaster
Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
http://www.ferretrescue.ca
Puce

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 06:48:38 PM »

Thanks to you 2 for answer me.

I will see my vet this week...i will ask
Puce

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 10:11:53 PM »

Finally i have the answer: ACIA or in english CAAI, It's a microchip and a vaccine of rabies, document authenticate by the Canadian agency and that's it!
I did it last week, Thursday in fact and finally my ferret Puce, a 3 years old female died today...I don't know what i have to think about it. She was top shape last week...she saw the vet who attested that my ferret was in health for the exportation.
5 days later, tell me that have a big tumor, big as a Clementina in the abdomen...the weight of my ferret last week was of 850gr. Can you imagine that if she had this tumor, i should see it and the vet too!!!!!
I'm so so sad!!! I didn't be able to do nothing for her.
Tonight I'm crying my best friend and seems that people don't understand...for them it was just a ferret  Cry

Did somebody already eared about a story like that? Vaccinate, microchip and boom! Dead! Huh
Fuzzie_fan
FRSO Board

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 07:28:21 AM »

I'm so sorry for your loss!
Georgiesmom
FRSO Members

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 09:21:40 PM »

I am so sorry to hear that you lost your beloved ferret.  You clearly loved your little guy and he would have known that.

I lost my polecat/ferret mix earlier this year, three days after his Lupron shot, he just seemed to wither before my eyes over three or four days.  I had him put down on day 4 it was too horrible to watch.  I swore I wouldn't get anymore ferrets after that, clearly I can't keep a promise to myself!!   

I brought 4 ferrets and two cats from UK to Canada and luckily had no problems but they didn't need rabies shots because UK is rabies free. 

ferret_girl

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2009, 05:54:30 PM »

It seems somewhat coincidental that your ferret died shortly after being vaccinated. With a tumour that large most of his blood supply, energy and nutrience would have been going to feed the growth of the tumour. It is truly unfortunate that commercial ferrets are so unhealthy, it seems that they all run into cancer at some point on their short lives. I lost 2 of my ferrets to intestinal lymphoma last year, one of which showed no signs that he was ill until the day that he died. It is certainly possible that the vaccines exasperated the situation but it is very unlikely that they caused the death of your ferret. Instead I would think it much more likely that the tumour (one way or another) caused the death of your beloved friend.

I'm so sorry for your loss, I know how hard it is to lose a cherished friend.

Take Care. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: