Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
Products
Divider
Email info (at) ferretrescue.ca Phone 613-296-4357 Home Ferrets About Us Help Us FAQ Links Photos Products Contact Us Francais
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register
+ Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
|-+ Ferret Talk
| |-+ General Discussions (Moderator: alliemackie)
| | |-+ Ferret Cages
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Ferret Cages  (Read 41575 times)
ferretfan
FRSO Board

« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2008, 11:13:13 AM »

And if the box is too small, the ferret is less likely to use it!  I like the hi-backed rectangular boxes for 2 reasons.. they're big enough for large ferrets and the high back prevents the ferret from pooping over the side.

Webmaster
http://www.ferretrescue.ca
alliemackie

Rescue Geek

« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2008, 01:10:14 PM »

Ah, okay! Fair enough. I've heard that the best litter pans for ferrets are cat-sized litter boxes, so that makes sense. Smiley Thanks!

ferret_jungle
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2008, 03:50:28 PM »

I had a super pet ferret kingdom cage.  I thought it was the best since it was the biggest, and had tunnels, but the tunnels were hard for older ferrets to use, and you literally had to take the whole thing apart to clean it, so it always stank. The floors hold up the walls, and the litter boxes don't fit through the doors.  It took about 3 hours!

http://pet.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pPETS-3757556t400.jpg

Then Lynn recommended the Ferret Nation cage to me.  After working at superpet merivale, I got to clean it every day, usually more than once (8 baby ferrets at a time).  It is by far the easiest to clean cage of any sort that I've owned.  The doors open fully, and everything comes right out.  If the doors are open all the way, you don't have to till the trays at all.  At the messiest it's ever been, it only takes 5 minutes to clean completely.  there's 2 flat floors, and 2 shelves that lift out.  They are flat, easy to wash, and I've made myself pillow case style covers for the two floors.  I have a clean laundry/accessory bin next to the cage, and it takes me about 10 minutes to change all the laundry and hammocks (usually because I'm trying to be creative about placement).  I spend less time cleaning and more time playing with them every day =P

My mom noticed right away when she came over to visit, because she couldn't smell them at all now. (the old cage had a small trench or mote around every shelf, that food and water would fall into, and it was almost impossible to clean without taking it all apart.

My room mates love it too.  Oh, and they can't break out of the ferret nation, which is also a first.

Thanks Lynn =)

Erica, Paul and Anthony....and Sid, frolic, Nova and Bubbles
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 03:52:27 PM by ferret_jungle » Logged
deb.barb

ferretlover

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2009, 03:02:22 PM »

hi ferretfan, good photo of cages

i am waiting delivery of my other cage today.very exciting.like that one.big one.bought it off deals direct over computer.
 :oand just ordered TOOO MANY GOODIES for the baby ferrets from the ferret shop. Am pooor now.
my other cage is nearly that size (my hubby made it) with poo tray, the lot so is great cage.lots room.

****may i suggest the local wildlife group usually needs cages for rehabilitation of native birds,mammals etc.****

having been rehabing wildlife for ten yrs i know that the cages come in handy for rescues and the one u have shown is a good size for nest bound babies.would fit the small heat pad in bottom.
anyway just a thought and i know these groups need help too.

dont know where u are but i have the numbers of the different groups in different states if u want them

regards
deb

Hi is this where I say ferrets are the best friends u can have and I have 4.Snuffles.Bundy.Gibson and Piper.
ferretfan
FRSO Board

« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2009, 08:03:12 PM »

Thanks Deb.  We've donated some of our extra cages (especially the galvanized metal ones) to the local wildlife rescue, so I agree, there's rarely a cage that we can't find a use for!

Webmaster
http://www.ferretrescue.ca
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: