Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
Products
Divider
Email info (at) ferretrescue.ca Phone 613-296-4357 Home Ferrets About Us Help Us FAQ Links Photos Products Contact Us Francais
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register
+ Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
|-+ Ferret Talk
| |-+ Best Buys for Supplies (Moderator: alliemackie)
| | |-+ Dooker's Delights
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dooker's Delights  (Read 3203 times)
FerretsR4Me

« on: June 29, 2009, 08:50:28 PM »

Has anyone seen these treats around town lately? I used to get them at Global Pet Foods at Fallingbrook in Orleans, but they've discontinued them Angry . They are made by Totally Ferret. I have the contact number for the distributor for Eastern Canada but I thought I'd check the network first before going to them as my last contact with them was not all that positive.

Thanks  Smiley
Viper
FRSO Members

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 04:59:43 AM »

I used to buy them at Sandy Hills but they too went out of stock last year and were unable to get another shipment.

So I did the only other thing I could think of; I ordered a box from the US...
http://www.ferretdepot.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=21404&Category_Code=2FerretTreats&Product_Count=5

Just watch out for the shipping and the Canada Customs fees...

Keep on Dooking!
FerretsR4Me

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 06:52:30 PM »

*** UPDATE ***

Well, it's taken a bit of work, but I've managed to find a store that will special order them for me! *YAY*

I had been in contact with someone from Leis, who is the distributor for Totally Ferret who makes the treats, and he basically told me that any store that carries their products should be able to order in the treats.

He referred me to the list of stores in the city that they had on their client list and I contacted the one that was closest to where I work. They ordered a case (of 12) for me and they have arrived! I pick them up on Wednesday.

The place I called was "A Guy, A Girl, Two Dogs and a Cat" on Dalhousie. They are very nice there, though their communication skills are kinda sketchy.

Other places in the city that carry Totally Ferret products are:

DAWN OF A NEW DAY SALON
20 PRETORIA AVENUE
OTTAWA, ON   K1S 1W7   613-236-4005

A GUY, A GIRL, TWO DOGS & A CAT   
207 DALHOUSIE ST
OTTAWA, ON   K1N 7C9   613-241-9455
(closed Mondays)

BARK & FITZ (OTTAWA)   
354A RICHMOND RD
OTTAWA, ON   K2A 0E8   613-792-3711

CRITTER JUNGLE LTD.   
1405 CARLING AVE.
OTTAWA, ON   K1Z 7L6   613-729-7354

GLOBAL PET FOOD (ORLEANS)   
1675 TENTH LINE ROAD, UNIT 2B
FALLINGBROOK SHOPPING CENTRE   
OTTAWA, ON   K1E 3P6   613-837-0350

(I used to buy my treats here but this store discontinued them)

GLOBAL PET FOOD (OTTAWA)   
1176 BANK ST
OTTAWA, ON   K1S 3X9   613-422-6741

(Possibly discontinued here as well if this is the Sandy Hill location?)

NATURAL PET FOODS (OTTAWA)   
339 CHURCHILL AVE N
OTTAWA, ON   K1Z 5B8   613-321-7282

OTTAWA HUMANE SOCIETY   
101 CHAMPAGNE AVE. S.
OTTAWA, ON   K1S 4P3   613-725-3166

PET VALU (OTTAWA/BANK)   
CRITTER PAWS INC.
2515 BANK STREET   OTTAWA, ON   K1V OY4   613-523-5536

SANDY HILL PET FOOD   
304 WILBROD STREET
OTTAWA, ON   K1N 6M1   613-321-5915

THE PAMPERED PET   
2446 BANK STREET
TOWNGATE MALL   
OTTAWA, ON   K1V 1A4   613-521-6272

(I emailed this store and still haven't received a word back Sad )

WAG PET SHOP INC   1071 BANK ST
OTTAWA, ON   K1S 3W9   613-730-4647

I gotta give you credit, Viper, for going through the US! You were a lot braver than I! I had ordered something else (food product) via the States once and it took over three months for it to arrive because of customs! Never again!

Sooooo, if anyone is looking for these treats, I would suggest contacting one of these stores and seeing if they will get them in for you. Another tip, I ordered them by the case so the store wouldn't have product to get rid of that they don't normally carry, and since my monsters love them anyway, why not buy bulk? The case cost about $38. Here is the website for Leis and all the search engine for stores in Canada that carry their products.

http://www.leispet.com/index.php?content=FindStore

I figure if all the Ottawa stores end up washing out, there is still lots of other stores in Ontario to try who might be willing to ship here instead of having to go through the US.

POST SCRIPT: Global had problems getting the treats in because they claimed the treats had passed their expiry date. I contacted Totally Ferret and what happened was the expiry date used to be on a sticker, now it's stamped right on the bag at the top near the zipper. Global didn't realize this and had been going by the stickers and returning the "expired" product. When I told them of the stamped expiry date, they got one more shipment in and then discontinued them shortly after.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: