Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
Products
Divider
Email info (at) ferretrescue.ca Phone 613-296-4357 Home Ferrets About Us Help Us FAQ Links Photos Products Contact Us Francais
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register
+ Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
|-+ FRSO Updates
| |-+ Foster Ferrets
| | |-+ 2004 December Update
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 2004 December Update  (Read 2892 times)
Elyse
« on: December 01, 2004, 01:59:23 PM »

Fred and Peanut have had a good month.  We have given them a new square hanging ferret sleeper cube.  They hang out in there most of the day until they come out for their playtime at night.  As reported last month (by Lynn) the boys are now on ferret vitamin supplements, which I believe has really improved their health.  They both have a new twinkle in their eyes!
Fred and Peanut both like cats and Fred has even warmed up to our male ferret Boo.  Peanut still doesn't like other ferrets too much, and does bite them quite hard.
They are such cuties, and I really hope that they find a forever home soon!   Cheesy

Over and out for this month!

Elyse
« Last Edit: December 06, 2004, 08:34:29 PM by ferretfan » Logged
egammell
FRSO Members

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2004, 12:06:50 PM »

Nate & Gizmo from Elizabeth G.

Nate:  continues much the same.  Still no recurrence of adrenal signs after his summer injection of Luperon.  His fur is nice and thick, so this may mask any slight fur loss around the base of the tail such as I noticed last summer.  No recurrence of excess aggression towards Gizmo.  Lively and interactive.

Gizmo:  Doing much more sleeping in the past weeks.  Has not fattened up appreciably this autumn into winter, nor has her fur thickened.  Fur on the nape up near ears thin - but this is where Nate tends to lick her and also to grab when they play together.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2004, 12:08:39 PM by egammell » Logged
ferretfan
FRSO Board

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2004, 06:52:54 PM »

NICKI:

We are amazed that Nicki is still with us. She has been with us for over two years now, and she would not accept any other ferret as her partner, so she proved very difficult to place. When she developed Lymphoma, we knew she'd be with us forever. She is truly a fighter. Thanks to medication, her condition has been stable, and she motors around,
placing her toys just so all over the house, digging the bathroom mats, and begging to be picked up and cuddled. Give her a scratch in just the right spot and she'll roll over in extasy. She has the cutest face, and the strongest will to live. We cherish every day that she shares with us.

ZAK:

Our sweet grampa! Zak is almost 9 years old, and this year his age is really showing. Our adorable cuddly Zak is now almost blind due to cataracts, and he has developped adrenal disease.  Despite the Lupron injections, he is slowly going bald... He is slowing down, but still has many feisty moments when he weasel war dances with the best of them. We hope our sweet Zak will be with us for a good long time.

BLOO:

We were wondering why his name was Bloo, and now we know! Bloo came to us all pink like a piggy! He was bald due to his advanced adrenal. His age (he's 6) and the
fact that he has a big kidney tumor made him a poor surgery candidate, but the Lupron injections worked a true miracle for him, and he grew this beautiful coat of blue-grey fur! Blue is a delightful boy who'll nip your ankle to let you know "Let's play!".

LENA:

Lena came to us almost completely bald due to adrenal gland disease. Well, her Christmas present last year was her surgery, and she has recovered beautifully.
She now sports a lovely silver coat, and has regained vitality. She had more surgery to remove a bad tooth, and now shows the first signs of insulinoma, but with medication and special soup feedings, she is doing really well. She loves to give lots of kisses! And she is the first ferret to greet me in the morning, doing her little "Let me out!" dance.  She is our special girl.

Webmaster
Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
http://www.ferretrescue.ca
Flakyfreakyferretlady
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2004, 07:55:37 PM »

Tika and Bandit are both doing well Cheesy .  They have a lot of energy and really like to play alot, both with me and with each other.  Bandit was on a course of antibiotics for diarhhea which has now cleared.  He has a beautiful coat and likes to hop about and chase me :lol: .  he's very friendly and curious, interactivde.  When we play with hands he gets a bit overexcited after a bit and nips quite hard but stops when scolded, and play can resume.  Tika does the same :rolleyes: . Tika still has a bald tail, it is from the tip up, so is not adrenal, just rat tail.  She is very lively, as always, very spirited and fun loving, very sweet with me, but she does not tolerate other ferrets at all Sad .  Her mission in the first 10 minutes out is to track down and perhaps kill  :ph34r: (she wishes) those other ferrets she smells.  Once she realizes there are none out, she relaxes.  Tika and Bandit need a foster home that understands ferret play nipping and how to correct it properly, has no other ferrets or doesn't mind shifts, and can give them lots of time out with plenty of interaction Smiley .
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: