Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
Products
Divider
Email info (at) ferretrescue.ca Phone 613-296-4357 Home Ferrets About Us Help Us FAQ Links Photos Products Contact Us Francais
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register
+ Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
|-+ Ferret Talk
| |-+ General Discussions (Moderator: alliemackie)
| | |-+ baby ferret
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: baby ferret  (Read 2018 times)
Jessy
« on: September 24, 2008, 05:16:55 PM »

hi am am new to this but i have a small promlam with my new baby ferret i have a 2 yearold ferret and she has never had this problame but the new baby Ozzy sometimes bites my feet and toes really hard i am not sure how to deal with it i stop her and put her somewhere els or in her cage if she wont stop can anyone tell me what i should do about this problam thank you ;DFerrets Rule Grin
FerretsR4Me

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 07:03:51 PM »

Time and patience!

When she does that, pick her up, look her right in the eye and tell her a firm No and do it each time she does it until she figures out that it is not acceptable behaviour. It doesn't take long for them to learn what No means (thank goodness). I have one formerly vicious biter and one sock lover but we're past the bad behaviour now finally except for finding holes in my socks in the laundry but that's another story Roll Eyes! Also a squirt of Bitter Apple on your socks or your bare feet won't hurt to drive the point home either!

Good luck Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: