Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
Products
Divider
Email info (at) ferretrescue.ca Phone 613-296-4357 Home Ferrets About Us Help Us FAQ Links Photos Products Contact Us Francais
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register
+ Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
|-+ Ferret Talk
| |-+ Best Buys for Supplies (Moderator: alliemackie)
| | |-+ 8in1 soft food makes good treats!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 8in1 soft food makes good treats!  (Read 2864 times)
ferret_jungle
« on: September 02, 2008, 04:15:37 PM »

So, I picked up a 'training your ferret' book, and I started training my ferrets.  Things were going great, until Bubbles, my highly energetic 2 year old female joined in.  When she realized that there was something she could do to influence the getting of treats, she went kinda nuts. She'd follow me around and pull out every trick I've taught her so far, scratch my leg if I wasn't watching.  I tried breaking the bandit treats up in half, then quarters, then eighths, because there were only so many treats we could give her.  She really like doing tricks, though, and she's quite smart.  Our training sessions could only last a few minutes a day, because I'd run out of treats (and she's already pudgy)

At easter time, I broke up some bandits and hide them in their cage in the hammocks, and in blankets, to make a 'hunt' for them.  They were really entertained, and they loved it, but again, I had to break them up so small, and I couldn't do it weekly or anything

Then I was in critter jungle on carling, and they had 8in1 ultimate soft, same shape as bandits, but balanced and complete.  It's ingredients list is very similar to ultimate 8in1 advanced, that they get as part of their mix. 

I'm happy to report that my 4 fuzzies love this food as treats.  I recently put it to the test, and all 3 ferrets who are interested in treats chose the 8in1 soft over the bandits.  It works for training and for hiding around the cage, and it's mostly guilt free.  =P

Erica and Bubbles
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: