Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
Products
Divider
Email info (at) ferretrescue.ca Phone 613-296-4357 Home Ferrets About Us Help Us FAQ Links Photos Products Contact Us Francais
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register
+ Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
|-+ Ferret Talk
| |-+ Introductions (Moderator: alliemackie)
| | |-+ Kanata Ferret newbie
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Kanata Ferret newbie  (Read 1745 times)
little_bug
« on: July 09, 2008, 09:23:09 AM »

I cannot believe how happy I am to be a ferret owner!!! I have had my little Jake for about 3 months now and I couldn't imagine my life without the little bugger Smiley Is this what happens to ferret owners?!?!

Now I am on the road to learn everything I can about ferrets. I do have one question that I hope I can get answers to......I need to know as much info as I can about vets in Ottawa (preferably close to Kanata, ON) that are good with ferrets, how much visits cost usually and how many times you need to visit a vet and what needs to be done. My little guy has just turned 1 years old and he has been neutered and de-scented. any info would be much appreciated!!

Viper
FRSO Members

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 12:20:54 PM »

Little buggers they are and yes they will take over your heart.  Wink

As for the vets, unless someone can suggest one in Kanata (sorry, mine is at the Crown Point Animal Hospotal in the Orléans area), the best thing is to call around your neighbourhood and enquire as to their experience handling ferrets.

I know that there is one on at the Carling Animal Hopstial (on Carling near Woodroffe)...

How much a visit will cost will vary on the clinic. Unless there are medical complications, a young(er) ferret will require a yearly checkup where he/she can get their yearly vaccinations.

Feel free to search and read the posts on the forum. You will find a multitude of posts regarding food and health issues that are worth tha read.

Keep on Dooking!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: