Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
Products
Divider
Email info (at) ferretrescue.ca Phone 613-296-4357 Home Ferrets About Us Help Us FAQ Links Photos Products Contact Us Francais
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register
+ Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
|-+ Ferret Talk
| |-+ Introductions (Moderator: alliemackie)
| | |-+ Greetings from a ferret newbie!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Greetings from a ferret newbie!  (Read 2806 times)
alliemackie

Rescue Geek

« on: April 20, 2008, 10:11:33 PM »

Hey everyone! Prospective new ferret owner here!

My boyfriend of 8 years, Matt and myself have wanted a ferret or three for a long time. We've had a lot of experience with handling friends' ferret pets, and love their playful, kittenish attitudes and silly behaviours!

We currently have one pet, a chinchilla named Yuffie, and our current housing situation doesn't allow more than one small pet. Very small townhome. However, we'll soon be moving into our very own home, with lots of space. We already have a spot for the chinchilla to have her own space, and we even have a spot that we've deemed the "Ferret spot"!

We won't be taking ownership of the house until mid-August, so we wouldn't be looking at ferrets as a definite until September, at least. But, I figured I would join here, introduce myself, and state my intentions! This is a great resource, and I've been checking on the adoptions list frequently.

Anyways, hi to everyone, and thanks for providing such a great rescue organization for such a fascinating little animal Smiley

ferretfan
FRSO Board

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 03:01:51 PM »

Hi alliemackie and welcome to our forums!  If you have any questions about ferret ownership, feel free to ask.. just be patient as we're in our "busy season" preparing for fund raising events so it may take a little extra time to respond.

Webmaster
Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
http://www.ferretrescue.ca
alliemackie

Rescue Geek

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 10:10:40 PM »

Hey ferretfan, thanks! Not a problem. I won't be getting any ferrets for the next little while anyway. I want to be sure that we're settled into our new home before welcoming new animals into it! In the meantime, ince I'm more aware of my money situation (again, with house stuff) I'd love to donate some money in the direction of the society, so I'll keep you all posted.

I visit this site at least once a week to look at all the adorable ferret photos. They're awesome. Smiley

FerretsR4Me

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 08:34:52 AM »

Hi alliemackie,

Nice to have you join us Smiley,

While you're settling into your new home you may want to work on ferret proofing it as well. It's much easier to do it when you don't have little ones running around getting into mischief.

Smiley
alliemackie

Rescue Geek

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 08:58:47 AM »

That's DEFINITELY on my to-do list before letting the fuzzy pals into my home. Cheesy Having a chinchilla already, I'm rather familiar with pet-proofing; I just need to do the same for ferrets. The room that the ferrets will be in is spacious, with just a few things that (I think) would need ferret-proofing. I'm sure I'll find out more once I actually move in.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: