Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
Products
Divider
Email info (at) ferretrescue.ca Phone 613-296-4357 Home Ferrets About Us Help Us FAQ Links Photos Products Contact Us Francais
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register
+ Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
|-+ Ferret Talk
| |-+ Introductions (Moderator: alliemackie)
| | |-+ Bonjour everyone!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bonjour everyone!  (Read 3868 times)
nantrax

« on: February 06, 2008, 04:12:14 PM »

Hello everyone.

My name is Martin and proud owners of 2 ferrets. I discovered ferrets because my wife wanted one so badly; and now I am love with them!

When we got our first ferret, had a severe biting problem. We actually drove all the way to Ottawa to get help (from Montreal), we were so happy that I now do small things to help out. (Help out with the french website and stuff)

We have 2 ferrets now, sadly both were diagnosed with Adrenal in 2007 (a couple of months appart). Both are on Lupron and we're giving them a bunch of love. I'd be willing to add a 3rd member to the family but I'm not allowed since I'm not from the Ottawa region. One day I'll convince you guys. LOL

We plan on bringing our 2 fuzzies to the Spring Frolic this year, hopefully to meet many people.

Keep up the great work.
Fuzzie_fan
FRSO Board

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 05:54:51 PM »

Bonjour Martin!

Welcome and enjoy your fuzzy family!  I have a ferret diagnosed as adrenal and on Lupron and she doesn't even know she's sick.  Some days she needs some extra attention, on her really bad days she gets hand fed her duck soup and I carry her around with me so the other two don't torment her too much but those days (thankfully) are few and far between.

Hope to meet you at the spring Frolic (what are your ferret's names?).
ferretfan
FRSO Board

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 07:49:46 PM »

Hi Martin and welcome!

Since you hadn't heard, we are doing a limited number of adoptions outside of the Ottawa area.  You just have to be patient as the process can take a little longer with out of town adoptions and we'll need to find a way of ensuring your ferrets will get along with any ferret(s) that you're interested in.  Feel free to submit an adoption application whenever you're ready.

Webmaster
http://www.ferretrescue.ca
nantrax

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 09:53:21 AM »

Our fuzzies are Brutus (http://www.ferretrescue.ca/showphoto.php?ferretid=489&lang=E) and Diablo.

If you'd see Brutus, you wouldn't know he's sick(he doesn't need monthly Lupron shots). Diablo however shows more signs (he's older).

We did attend the 2007 Spring Frolic and I won the "Guess the Vet Bill" which was kinda funny.

Me and my wife do want to attend the "Mini-Putt Tournament" on the 23rd but there doesn't seem to any info?
ferretfan
FRSO Board

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 12:17:42 PM »

We've had some scheduling challenges with the miniputt.  I'm hoping for an update at Sundays board meeting and will post more info then.

Webmaster
ferretfan
FRSO Board

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2008, 10:30:57 PM »

We've had to reschedule the miniputt fundraiser to March.  Once we have a confirmed date, I'll post it.  Sorry for the confusion.

Webmaster
nantrax

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 05:23:42 PM »

Since you hadn't heard, we are doing a limited number of adoptions outside of the Ottawa area.  You just have to be patient as the process can take a little longer with out of town adoptions and we'll need to find a way of ensuring your ferrets will get along with any ferret(s) that you're interested in.  Feel free to submit an adoption application whenever you're ready.

We might be interested. Would there be a way we could go to Ottawa and meet someone? By looking at the profiles we get an idea on which ferret that might interest us. But having 2 ferrets already, we'd love to know if they would get along, etc... We do understand there would be an official application and everything but we just wonder if there was a chance we could visit on any given saturday or sunday. Besides, we need to find an excuse to go to Ottawa. ;-)
ferretfan
FRSO Board

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2008, 01:04:15 PM »

I suggest you send a PM to fuzzyfostermum or go to the Contact Us part of the website and ask if you can bring your ferrets for a visit to the main foster home.  I'm sure she'll accomodate you on a weekend she's not busy with other things, although you'll have to ensure your ferrets have been tested for ADV first.

Webmaster
nantrax

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2008, 11:31:25 AM »

How things change! The day after I said I wanted to get another ferret (on this forum) my dad called me to say that a friend had 2 ferrets to give.

Both are around 5 years old, both are adorable and they get along great with Brutus and Diablo.

However, one is losing hair so we think we might have another case of Adrenal on our hands. We'll take him to the vet this weekend to confirm. The person that gave us the ferrets said he'll help pay if that is the case.

The family has grown bigger. By the time the spring frolic comes along, we'll have quite the group to bring with us.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: