Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
Products
Divider
Email info (at) ferretrescue.ca Phone 613-296-4357 Home Ferrets About Us Help Us FAQ Links Photos Products Contact Us Francais
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register
+ Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
|-+ Ferret Talk
| |-+ General Discussions (Moderator: alliemackie)
| | |-+ Gizmo suddenly crossed the bridge tonight
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Gizmo suddenly crossed the bridge tonight  (Read 2171 times)
ferretman
« on: October 16, 2004, 02:57:42 AM »

:ph34r:  
« Last Edit: October 24, 2004, 07:27:38 PM by ferretman » Logged
Elyse
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2004, 11:22:40 AM »

Sad So sorry to hear about Gizmo.  My condolences.  I had the exact same thing happen last week with one of the foster ferrets, Barney.  He passed away very suddenly with the same symptoms.  Dr. Auger is not sure what would have happened to him.  It was a very sad day, because our little neighbours were in to visit with them and they found him in this state.  He had been fine in the morning and suddenly he was listless and not moving at all.  It was very traumatic for the little girls and I had to shoo them out of the house before he passed away.  I did not want them to experience something so sad.  I told them later that Barney died and they were quite upset.  He was a friendly little guy with a lot of personality.  Peanut and Fred are looking for him and I think that they really miss him.   Sad  
Elyse
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2004, 03:37:42 PM »

We were not able to get in to see Dr. Auger the day after Barney passed, so we made an appointment for that Friday afternoon.  At that point there was no testing that could be done on him.  We had kept him in our freezer to preserve him until we could get him to see Dr. Auger.  He said that this was a good thing to do, but unfortunately too much time had passed.  Sad
<p>  Fred and Peanut (again, fosters) both checked out to be perfectly fine.  It was very upsetting, because we are first time fosterers and it felt as though were were letting the FRS down.  I did speak with Nykki and she was very understanding about about the entire situation and I told her that I (or my husband) would keep in constant contact with pictures and updates, etc.
<p>It was just upsetting to loose Barney, because I never really got to know him all that well.  We had only had him for one week at that point.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: