Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
Products
Divider
Email info (at) ferretrescue.ca Phone 613-296-4357 Home Ferrets About Us Help Us FAQ Links Photos Products Contact Us Francais
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register
+ Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
|-+ Ferret Talk
| |-+ Introductions (Moderator: alliemackie)
| | |-+ New here and owning a ferret
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New here and owning a ferret  (Read 2539 times)
Tree
« on: November 27, 2007, 01:34:44 PM »

[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\'][span style=\'color:purple\']Well like most took a trip to the Mall and had to take a peek at all the lil animals when i met two wonderful ladies Ann and Vanessa that were holding this lil white ferret in their hand.  My 5 year old daughter asked if she could hold him and it was instant love..i knew hubby was on the golf coarse so had my 5 year old call him and her first words were "hello daddy...i love him can i bring him home?" ~grinsss~
Thank to Ann and Vanessa for taking the time to inform me just how wonderful this lil magnificent animals are.  His name is Diamond Boy and we later found out that he is deaf and for such a small lil animal he brings so much joy into our daily life.  

We just love our Diamond Boy!!!  

We did make it out to the Ferret Frolic and had such a wonderful time...weather was perfect and so great to meet others.

I have not heard/read much on bring ferrets outside for winter play...i am hoping this ok...for our Diamond Boy enjoys it so much.

Would enjoy getting to know other that have ferrets...Tree [/span][/span]
Fuzzie_fan
FRSO Board

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 04:27:49 PM »

I brought my ladies (I have three much loved little furbabies) out for a supervised dig in the snow this morning - we made it short so no one would get very cold but they loved it!!!! Much happy dooking going on - then I brought them in and made them warm duck soup.
Sci-Ferret

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 11:41:48 PM »

we dunked our lil twits in the snow last year, they thought it was a GIANT rice bucket, digging around and shovelling with their noses. Couldn't even see them after a while, the leashes just disappeared into mounds of snow. we jsut had to be careful with lil Loki that she didn't get too cold since she was the only one who didn't have her winter coat. Looking for a knitting pattern to make her a lil sweater for this year.

You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing.
xrayspex

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 12:47:47 PM »

HI congratulations on being a "ferret gaurdian". If this is not your first ferret ignore the rest of the post...if it is then you must prepare yourself and your young one for the wonders of ferrets. Ferrets require much attention, special care, and have needs all unto their own species. My wife and I currently monitor 2...Rocket & Angel. Ferrets can be definite handfuls. They are like two year old children that NEVER grow up. They can get into a boat load of trouble. There are good books out there on ferret care. Ferrets for dummies is a book we have and this site rates it high as well. Make sure they see the vet regularly. Monitor that nipping closely...that is the way of the little creature but it can be easily controlled thru love & diligence. You will find that if, like us, you are a true ferret lover they will cross your thoughts throughout the day when you are not with them. An endearing creature it is curious, playful, intelligent and MISCHIEVIOUS!!!! Read lots, talk lots, the folks here have helped me much. Enjoy your furbaby!!!!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 10:11:44 AM by xrayspex » Logged

CLICK ON ME & SMILE
http://youtube.com/18foxtrot
I am in "LONDON, ONTARIO"
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: