Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
Products
Divider
Email info (at) ferretrescue.ca Phone 613-296-4357 Home Ferrets About Us Help Us FAQ Links Photos Products Contact Us Francais
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register
+ Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
|-+ Ferret Talk
| |-+ Best Buys for Supplies (Moderator: alliemackie)
| | |-+ Prices of grain-free foods at Critter Jungle
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Prices of grain-free foods at Critter Jungle  (Read 2121 times)
elfbabe

« on: October 19, 2007, 01:51:14 PM »

Innova Evo Ferret: $7.99/1kg or $48.99/7kg ($7.00/kg)
Wellness Core: $28.88/2.66kg ($10.86/kg) or $48.99/5.4kg ($9.07/kg)
Orijen: $19.99/2.5kg ($7.996/kg) or $49.99/7kg ($7.14/kg)
Nature's Variety Raw Instinct: $16.99/2kg ($8.495/kg) (I bought a bigger bag of this before, but I didn't see it this time...)
Serengeti: $54.99/7.5kg ($7.33/kg)

We're going to make the switch to entirely grain-free once our current stock runs out, so I'm making sure we know where to get the best deals... So far it seems like CJ has the best variety and the biggest bags available, so they may win out on convenience alone.

Edit: I was just thinking... What do you guys think of the idea of creating a ferret food sample pack, and maybe selling it as a fundraiser? There have been a bunch of foods (especially lately, with more and more grain-free foods coming out) that I've wanted to try, to see if the girls like them, but I really don't want to buy whole bags... and sample packs would be pretty easy to make. Just buy 5 - 10 different high-quality foods and a bunch of little ziploc baggies from Michaels (or Crosstown Traffic <_< ), make up an info sheet (shape, nutrition facts, ingredients, local stores that sell it), and get people to start bagging. It'd probably also help convince people to stop feeding their ferrets crap, if they know that the ferrets like better stuff and where they could get it.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 10:15:50 PM by elfbabe » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: