Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
Products
Divider
Email info (at) ferretrescue.ca Phone 613-296-4357 Home Ferrets About Us Help Us FAQ Links Photos Products Contact Us Francais
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register
+ Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
|-+ Ferret Talk
| |-+ Introductions (Moderator: alliemackie)
| | |-+ Hello ferret people!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hello ferret people!!  (Read 3822 times)
dragonsparks

« on: August 06, 2007, 10:20:32 PM »

Hello ferret people!!
I am (hopefully) a first-time ferret parent of one of the little furries from the rescue, pending approval. I really want to make sure I do this right from the start, so any tips/trick/useful advice you knowledgable people could give me would totally rock! I'm super excited to bring home my own fuzzy, and to meet others who are just as excited as I am!  
FerretsR4Me

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 10:11:09 AM »

Welcome Dragonsparks Smiley

Congratulations on taking the plunge! Advice? How about patience, creativity, a great sense of humor and lots and lots of love! You'll get back what you give and a whole lot more!!

Enjoy your new baby!

Brenda
ferretfan
FRSO Board

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 11:31:07 AM »

Welcome to the world of ferrets!  

If you haven't done so already, I urge you to purchase the book Ferrets For Dummies and read it carefully.  There's lots of great information in the book.

Webmaster
http://www.ferretrescue.ca
dragonsparks

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 03:59:46 PM »

Thanks! I actually ordered the book on Monday, hopefully I'll have it by the end of the week!  
ferret_girl

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 05:58:16 PM »

I am a recent ferret owner as well. Honestly, it was the best decision I ever made to adopt a ferret and I have been "addicted" ever since. My advice to you is to pay close attention to how your ferret behaves. Make careful notes about its "regular" behaviour and activities (ie. when he's up, what time he eats, what time he plays, how he plays...). Believe me, in doing this it becomes a lot easier to determine when your ferret is ill if you are able to spot irregular activity/behaviour right away. Also, if your ferret has the run of the house, make sure you remember its favorite hiding spots so that when you need to find him you can search him out at ease. Be careful; however, not to bother him to much in his favorite spot or else he may take off and find a new one. Believe me I have spent hours trying to find a sleeping ferrets new hiding spot.

Best of luck with your new friend!

Ashley
fuzzyfostermum
FRSO Board

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 07:38:31 AM »

Welcome!!!!!!!  Check out some of the articles we have posted like the one on Ferret Nutrition or When To Go To The Vets........

Any specific concerns, just ask!

I have 20 to 30 kids at any given time so I have lots of ideas...... Tongue  No doubt you are potentially going to be a mommy of one of these furkids!

Good luck and no worries.....we will set you up!  Jen is a ferret guru when it comes to supplies and such!!!!!!

Me  Wink  
ferretfan
FRSO Board

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 07:56:24 AM »

I posted the articles in the General Discussions section of the forum (they're pinned at the top) as I haven't had time to incorporate them into our Info pages yet.

Webmaster
http://www.ferretrescue.ca
dragonsparks

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2007, 03:18:28 AM »

Well, I suppose I should probably re-introduce myself, as I have finally become a foster mom!!

I am going to be fostering Smash and Crash, and am SUPER EXCITED to be getting started!!! Any tips or ideas about these guys or about ferrets in general would be pretty awesome!!

So excited to be taking the plunge (thursday!!!)

Cheers, all!!!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: