Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
Products
Divider
Email info (at) ferretrescue.ca Phone 613-296-4357 Home Ferrets About Us Help Us FAQ Links Photos Products Contact Us Francais
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register
+ Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
|-+ Ferret Talk
| |-+ Best Buys for Supplies (Moderator: alliemackie)
| | |-+ Superpet Sale
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Superpet Sale  (Read 5818 times)
ferretfan
FRSO Board

« on: June 07, 2007, 08:43:51 PM »

All eastern Ontario Superpet locations are having 30-50% off on stock right now as they are changing to Petsmart in the next couple of months!

Webmaster
http://www.ferretrescue.ca
Sci-Ferret

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 09:27:27 PM »

I beat you to it Lynn Wink

http://ferretrescue.ca/forums/index.php?showtopic=458

You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing.
ferretfan
FRSO Board

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 11:38:25 AM »

I thought I had seen this posted somewhere!  

Webmaster
http://www.ferretrescue.ca
xrayspex

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 08:24:53 AM »

Yes they are having a sale all right...and petsmart will carry ferret supplies but not the actual ferret...kinda two faced I think...their reason....an employee stated that they don't deal with "ferret breeders". Just what that is supposed to mean I do not know but I could sense the remark was an obvious slight at Superpet. I got mad and walked out.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 08:25:42 AM by xrayspex » Logged

CLICK ON ME & SMILE
http://youtube.com/18foxtrot
I am in "LONDON, ONTARIO"
Viper
FRSO Members

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 10:35:07 AM »

You will notice that PetSmart doesn't "sell" bot only ferrets, but cats and dogs as well...  The only pets they sell - include - fish and lizards.

All dogs and cats available through this franchise are via rescue shelters (i.e. Humane Society). I like to think of this as a support your local animal shelter kind of initiative.   :unsure:  
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 10:37:17 AM by Viper » Logged

Keep on Dooking!
ferret_girl

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 05:49:45 PM »

I really respect Pet Smart, for such a large and expansive store chain, they take excellent care and initiative towards the animals that they sell. I know first hand that spend unlimited amounts of money on pets that they in turn sell for a fraction of what they sometimes pay in vet bills. If it's treatable Pet Smart will treat the animal and will rehabilitate it until it is ready for sale. I once adopted a little rat from them that they could not sell because she had such a severe malocclusion of her teeth. When I adopted her, free of charge...the recipt said "damaged" although she was the farthest thing from it, the staff there was so happy she found a home many of them came out to say their goodbyes...lol. I love the fact that they support local animal shelters and have a wide variety of products...especially ferret products. On the Super Pet website; however, it says that Pet Smart will carry only the live animals that it currently carries, but is still evaluating the situation and possibilities. My concern is that the Super Pet in Barrhaven has had the same 5 ferrets up for sale since they were 8 weeks old (they are now 6 months). Since they obviously sell very slowly, what will become of them in September when all Super Pet stores are finally converted into Pet Smarts?
Sci-Ferret

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 05:59:12 PM »

Actually, Super Pet has an amazing track record in terms of animal care, enrichment and education. This is the reason who Pet Smart decided to buy the Super Pet stores, because they wanted to incorporate that level of care into their own stores. The small animal manager over at the merivale and kanata stores said that they believe that pet smart will be continuing to sell ferrets, but they will likely be coming in later than the other small animals. Otherwise, there's no point to them offering a whole section on ferret products if there's no source of the animals in the city.

You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing.
ferret_girl

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 09:20:01 PM »

Well that's certainly good to know. I love Super Pet too and always found their staff knowledgeable and considerate of the animals they sell. I'm glad that they are continuing to sell ferrets...especially since I wouldn't want to see those poor guys already up for sale sent back to the breeder (yikes).
Sci-Ferret

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2007, 10:28:07 AM »

talked to a small animals staff at another superpet/pet smart store. They have some ferrets in now, but they came from the other stores, being moved around during the renovations. As for getting new fuzzies after those are gone, pet smart is looking into breeders for new ferrets, but they are being very picky about getting vet-recognized and inspected breeders. Could be a while before the pipeline of new breeders is set up. Not sure why they aren't just using the breeders super pet dealt with but w/e.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: