Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
Products
Divider
Email info (at) ferretrescue.ca Phone 613-296-4357 Home Ferrets About Us Help Us FAQ Links Photos Products Contact Us Francais
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register
+ Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
|-+ Ferret Talk
| |-+ Introductions (Moderator: alliemackie)
| | |-+ Greetings
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 2924 times)
FerretsR4Me

« on: May 08, 2007, 02:35:28 PM »

Hi, I've finally taken the plunge and joined after lurking for a long time.

I am a former ferret parent, having lost my last baby February 22/07. I've been captivated by ferrets for 13 years and have had three over that time. I will be taking the plunge again in time, but my last baby was a tough act to follow. She had a lengthy battle with insulinoma. I am grateful to Dr. Daren Auger and the staff at Blair Animal Hospital for taking such good care of her (and me) during her sickness.

Anyway, so here I am, trying to heal my broken heart by helping out with the spring frolic and reading about everyone else's fuzzies.

Hope to meet you all at McNabb Park!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 03:42:02 PM by FerretsR4Me » Logged
ferretfan
FRSO Board

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 06:34:20 PM »

Hi FerretsR4Me,

Welcome aboard and thank you for helping us at the frolic.

Webmaster
Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
http://www.ferretrescue.ca
FuzzyWuzzy
FRSO Members

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 06:37:30 AM »

Sorry to hear about your baby...  Sad

Welcome to the forums! Look forward to seeing you at the Frolic!
fuzzyfostermum
FRSO Board

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 07:33:28 AM »

Hey!!!  Yah, having these kids in your life is wonderful and enriching but can be so full of heartache that is proportional to the numbers you involve yourself with.  I have 25 at my home right now and you can imagine the tears shed over the years for every soul lost.......... Sad

...but.....there's always room for more in this ol' heart and I rest easy knowing that there's a good life with me for any fuzzbutt in need.......I love that no matter where a fuzzbutt has come to us from and at what point in their life, this is a haven of sorts and makes everything better, even if only for a short time..........

See you at the frolic and thank you so much in advance for your help!!!!!

Me  Wink  
benjamin770108
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 09:48:14 PM »

Hey! welcome to the FRSO fuzzy family, I just joined recently too, and its nice to know there are others who love the little cuties as much as i do.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.  The thought of losing any of these lil wonders is truly too sad to bear.  Being kept by fuzzies for only 4 years, I am fortunate to have never experienced the pain of losing one of my own yet, but I can't think what I would do.  Just have to enjoy each and every crazy moment with them that I can!

Woot for ferts!

Hope to see you at the frolic Smiley  
xrayspex

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 08:15:04 AM »

Welcome  Cheesy
I am new here too!
I lost 2 furbabies within 3 months of each other not so long ago Sad  I feel your pain.
I am glad I have found  a site designated and for the preservation of these great creatures. Again welcome aboard!

CLICK ON ME & SMILE
http://youtube.com/18foxtrot
I am in "LONDON, ONTARIO"
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: