Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
Products
Divider
Email info (at) ferretrescue.ca Phone 613-296-4357 Home Ferrets About Us Help Us FAQ Links Photos Products Contact Us Francais
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register
+ Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
|-+ Ferret Talk
| |-+ Boredom Prevention (Moderator: alliemackie)
| | |-+ Stimulated Fuzzies
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Stimulated Fuzzies  (Read 4935 times)
benjamin770108
« on: April 12, 2007, 09:44:33 AM »

Like most fuzzies, my guys have a glut of toys.  And I can't stop buying something new when I think it might be fun for them.  The problem is they seemed to be bored and uninterested in their toys and things.

Ferrets are extremely intelligent and curious, so novelty is the key to keeping them occupied.  I found that keeping just a few toys out and then rotating them to a new set makes old toys seem new and interesting.  And I set up their tubes in a different arrangement when their interest seems to wane.

fuzzyfostermum
FRSO Board

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 11:47:49 AM »

I do the same thing with my tunnels!  When I do the mass ferret  cleaning once a week.....twice daily maintenance cleaning but with 20 to 30 fuzzbutts running around, the deep cleaning for sure has to be atleast weekly.......I always try to rearrange the ferret room, tunnels and special sleep areas.

I also have small kiddie tubs or pools that I fill with water and toys, sand, snow, shredded paper, whatever, for a couple of days every so often for enrichement. These new play things are always a hit.....I also allow the fuzzbutts into the 'forbidden' areas every so often and watch them romp like they have gotten away with something soooo scandalous! Tongue

Keep the ideas coming!!!!! And have fun!!!!

Me  B)  
benjamin770108
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 05:48:11 PM »

haha, thats soo true! my guys have a room of their own, but I let them roam the house when I'm home.  Sometimes when I have not had the opportunity to let them out for a while, they come crashing out when they hear me fiddle with the latch on their divider.  And Coco will wake out of his sleep and charge when he hears the sound of the bathroom door opening (Bathroom is strictly off limits, at least thats what I think anyway! haha)

I saw a picture on the site of a large container full of ping pong balls! that looks so cool!
fuzzyfostermum
FRSO Board

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 03:34:28 PM »

The biggest hit, by far, is the rice box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ME  Cheesy  
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: