Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
Products
Divider
Email info (at) ferretrescue.ca Phone 613-296-4357 Home Ferrets About Us Help Us FAQ Links Photos Products Contact Us Francais
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register
+ Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
|-+ Ferret Talk
| |-+ Suggestions (Moderator: alliemackie)
| | |-+ Forum
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Forum  (Read 9286 times)
Flakyfreakyferretlady
« on: August 18, 2004, 10:02:20 PM »

Hmmmm, I wonder how we can spread the word about the forum, so lots of people will join.  To be honest, I saw "Forum" on the website and didn't even know what that was  Wink but, luckily, checked it out, but maybe a different tag, like "discussion" or something, for people like me you don't get what a forum is?? Smiley  
Elyse
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2004, 06:58:51 AM »

My suggestion would be to advertise the website wherever possible.  At the SuperEx booth I noted that there were pamphlets about the FRSO, but there wasn't a sign with the web address.  The Frolic would be a good location to also have this displayed.  Many people turn out for the Frolic, but it seems that not a lot of them are visiting the website.  There must be a reason for that, and I think that it could be because no one knows that there is so much more to the site than just ferret info that they may already know.

I know that there are issues that come up with my ferrets (such as my nippy little female and how to break her of her of this bad habit) on a daily basis and I may need to ask other ferret owners, or ferret experts their advice.  This would be a great location for the sharing of ferret advice.

Elyse (with Peeka and Boo in support)
ferretfan
FRSO Board

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2004, 11:26:58 AM »

Hi everyone,

Please keep the suggestions coming... just remember though, that this forum has only been available for the past month and it's going to take time and effort for it to become popular.

If I have time in the near future, I'll start working on a pamplet that just describes what the site has to offer.

Thanks!!

Webmaster
http://www.ferretrescue.ca
Flop
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2005, 02:32:08 PM »

You have too many sections in this forum! It look very deserted.

Merging all those sections into one or two would be the thing to do. Then, as the community grows, you can add sections.

It's a basic rule to know when you start a forum on a website.

P.S: Sorry for the possible bad english.
ferretfan
FRSO Board

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2005, 08:57:20 PM »

Is it better now?  Not all of us have experience running boards (it's hard enough programming the databases, website and stores).

Webmaster
Flop
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2005, 09:49:48 PM »

In my opinion, it is much better like this!

Keep up the good work, you site/forum is very pleasant and appreciated.
fertasticfour
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2005, 08:44:45 PM »

HI
I just recently made a website which I will put your site on it to ty and help spread the word. Let me know if any of you have anything you would like on the website.
The site addy is on my profile

or click here

Ferret freaks
cbchatouille
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2005, 09:14:46 PM »

maybe is be good to put a place for put picture of our ferrets?! Cheesy
are you thinking is a good idea?
fertasticfour
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2005, 10:48:12 PM »

sounds good to me don't see why not  
Flakyfreakyferretlady
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2005, 04:41:35 PM »

actually we did have a place but only 1 and lynn ever posted pics, so I believe it was removed to tidy things up.  Lynn, I also was going to put a link to this forum on my website, do you have any banners or code I could use as a link??
ferretfan
FRSO Board

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2005, 05:59:42 PM »

Feel free to post photos of your ferrets in the Introductions or the Ferret Talk section (as some have already done).  If you're looking for a banner to use when linking to us, go to our links page and look on the bottom of it Ferret Rescue Website

Lynn
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 06:26:37 PM by ferretfan » Logged

Webmaster
fertasticfour
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2005, 12:06:01 PM »

I think one thing that might help would be.. If on the fourms we had a feature that you could log on as a guest and didn't have to become a member to talk with us. Not everyone wants to fill out the thing to become one especially if they don't really know anything about any of us???

Just an idea..
ferretfan
FRSO Board

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2005, 06:02:04 PM »

As much as I would like to open the forum up to guest posts, I'm afraid I cannot.  I have been on other open boards and have found that spammers will eventually find a way to post inappropriate messages on a regular basis.  I do not have the time to constantly monitor and clean the boards of spam.  

Lynn

Webmaster
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: