Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
Products
Divider
Email info (at) ferretrescue.ca Phone 613-296-4357 Home Ferrets About Us Help Us FAQ Links Photos Products Contact Us Francais
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register
+ Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
|-+ Ferret Talk
| |-+ Best Buys for Supplies (Moderator: alliemackie)
| | |-+ Food & Treats
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Food & Treats  (Read 2359 times)
FuzzyWuzzy
FRSO Members

« on: January 03, 2007, 09:24:14 AM »

For those of us in the west end who have to drive quite a ways to get to the Sandy Hill Pet Food Co-Op, there's a new Global Pet Foods store in Barrhaven that has a few ferret products on hand. I think the one in Stittsville has some of this stuff as well.

Here are the details:

Global Pet Foods
3191 Strandherd Dr. (corner of Woodroffe & Strandherd)
613-825-5615
http://www.globalpetfoods.ca

Here are the products they have for sale along with whatever prices I can remember. They're a bit more expensive than the Sandy Hill Pet Food Co-Op, but cheaper than Petsmart.

*Ultimate 8 in 1: CRUNCHY 4.4lbs bag: Still on order, but I'll update with the price once it comes in.

*Totally Ferret @ $19.50 for a 4lbs bag
*Totally Ferret Treats @ $1.99 each
*Totally Ferret Chicken Bits @ $4.99 each

*Innova EVO Ferret 2lbs. bag (I forget the price since our fuzzies have issues with this food, but will check next time I am over there.)

*Wellness Kitten @ $14.99 per bag (After buying a certain number of bags, 10 I think, the following bag is free.)

The shop seems to be very willing to bring products in based on customer requests (e.g. we requested the Totally Ferret and Ultimate 8 in 1 products) and place special orders. We think they have the same suppliers as the Sandy Hill Pet Food Co-Op.

P.S. For us Air Miles collectors, they also award 1 mile for every $15 spent.
Snuzanne
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 05:50:04 AM »

Your message just made me remember something that I read elsewhere.  Apparently, 8& 1 make a tartar control treat for ferrets.  That would be helpful for some of the older and perhaps younger fosters who have dental problems, it might not help poor Lancelot, but perhaps if they would order it in, if they can, I would like to know, although it is far for my travels.  Let me know next time you travel to one of these stores since you guys know I dont get out very much,otherewise I would look into it at this end.  Thanks so much and Happy New Year to All of You.

Smiley ,

Suzanne
Sci-Ferret

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 11:01:48 AM »

We found another store in the central-west area, Carling at Kirkwood. It's called Critter Jungle and it's right beside Swiss Chalet on kirkwood. We went in there because we had a shortage emergency over the Christmas break. We expected to find yet another Little Critters-type store, with poorly cared for animals and very little selection. Boy, were we pleasantly surprised. The store was very clean, fully stocks with a variety of products, both commercial and organic foods. Their 2 dogs up for adoption were allowed to roam freely about the store, interacting with customers and getting lots of attention. They did not carry any ferrets, but they did have ferret products including foods (Innova 1kg @ $7.99) and accessories (they had the ferret nation cage set up on display). We did not get a chance to explore the whole store, as we don't live in the area, but anyone who does is encouraged to check it out.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 11:06:02 AM by Sci-Ferret » Logged

You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: