Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
Products
Divider
Email info (at) ferretrescue.ca Phone 613-296-4357 Home Ferrets About Us Help Us FAQ Links Photos Products Contact Us Francais
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register
+ Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
|-+ Ferret Talk
| |-+ Introductions (Moderator: alliemackie)
| | |-+ I'm new here!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I'm new here!  (Read 4551 times)
OCFerrets
« on: December 31, 2006, 06:11:28 PM »

Just wanted to say hi, My name is Lance and I'm the founder of OCFerrets, a chapter of Ferrets Anonymous located in Orange County, California, USA. I have a special interest in the shelter's very own Lancelot who I absolutely adore!

I'm very much a ferret lover and can't get Lancelot off my mind. If I were closer, I'd take the lovely little old man home in a heartbeat!

Thanks for approving my signup!

Lance
Founder, OCFerrets
http://www.ocferrets.org
« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 06:11:50 PM by OCFerrets » Logged
m&m
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 07:00:18 PM »

Hi and Welcome to our Forum  Cheesy

I really hope your organization can get across to the California gov.  It's a shame you can't legally have fuzzies there and just plain silly.  I myself have 3 and can't picture my house without them :huh:

Good Luck with you cause.

Mel

ferretfan
FRSO Board

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 08:43:25 PM »

Hi Lance and welcome to our forums!  Sorry I've taken so long to work out the cost of Lancelot's care.  Here's the breakdown (in Canadian Dollars):

Food (soup ingredients): $15 per month

Pediapred: $5 per month

Lupron: $35 per month

Vet Visit: $50 every 6 months

In case you hadn't noticed, monthly foster updates are posted in the Foster Ferrets section of our forums.  I'll be posting an update for Lancelot and all my other fosters in a day or two.

Thanks for caring and good luck with your work in California!

Lynn
(Lancelot's Foster Mom)

Webmaster
http://www.ferretrescue.ca
OCFerrets
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 11:17:12 PM »

Hi Lynn!
Hello M&M!

That looks like it works out to roughly $50 a month to care for Lancelot's needs, right? I can swing that easily. I would like to make the payments for his care and upkeep using PayPal, the same way I did for his Secret Santa donation - is that ok?

Please let me know... I still can't get this little fellow off my mind. I even used a photo of him in the update I sent to my chapter with a section on The Giving Trees, asking them to dig deep and help all that they could. Additionally, we had a large number of people from the website that I administrate  Loving Ferrets Community - go to the trees and pick out ferrets that needed Santas. We had a little cyber party when we heard that all of the ferrets were checked off for Christmas! Now that Christmas is over, I want to keep doing anything I can for Lancelot... (even with the ferrets I and my wife care for everyday at home... and there's ALOT!!). LOL

I almost forgot.... is that $50 CAN, or $50 US? I don't want to short change the amount so he gets what he needs, and I can sleep better knowing it.

Thank you Lynn!  
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 11:24:02 PM by OCFerrets » Logged
ferretfan
FRSO Board

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 03:08:45 PM »

Hi Lance,

Thank you for the generous offer and donation for January!  $50 Canadian per month will definitely cover the costs for his care.  I hope to be taking some photos later this week and will send them along to you once I have a moment to sort through them.

Take care,

Lynn

Webmaster
http://www.ferretrescue.ca
OCFerrets
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 03:29:40 PM »

That's great! You got my first "child support" payment for January!
I can't wait to see more photos of Lancelot!

« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 03:34:03 PM by OCFerrets » Logged
OCFerrets
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 01:04:12 PM »

Lynn, I see that you sent me  links to photos of Lancelot!

Thank you so much! I'll save them tonight at home to my own computer (I'm at work at the moment) and you can delete them tomorrow (1/5/07) if you wish.

Thanks again!

OCFerrets
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 10:54:29 PM »

By the way, I forgot to add that I'm already owned by 11 fuzzballs!

This is their MySpace page: http://www.myspace.com/crazy8kids
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 10:55:14 PM by OCFerrets » Logged
Snuzanne
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2007, 05:30:37 AM »

Hey Lance,

Welcome to Ottawa.  Mind you, after watching the Seattle News tonight, I thinks it might be safer in Ottawa.  My, how, the West Coast has just be hit by more storms in the past few weeks than in the past few years.  I don't even think we have that much snow here in Ottawa.  Of course, I say think, since I haven't been out since I got home from being incarcerated.(hospital not jail) I hope you are further south than Seattle.

OK. Guys, what this with re-electing Arnold.  Seems to me that Arnold's first platform was going to  permit ferrets and he hasn't done that yet  and now he is back as Gov again!!  Send him all the pitures of viscious ferrets!!  Wink Seriously, Is there anything other ferret owners outside California can do to Help. The Internet is such a powerful tool now.  

Anyhow, thanks for helping out with the Giving Tree and Lance & I still owe you a thank you,  but I was I was hoping to get the little guy over here for a visit, since he must be due for his Lupron, and there are a few lingering presents for him under our tree, and then he can help me with the Thank You cards, after all, he got all the presents!!  Anyhow, Welcome and  I saw the picture of your gang.  Good looking bunch.  Tell me though, are your cages set up on a second floor? Also, I left you a message about the FN cage and your comment about some new retrofit? Awaiting your response since I don't want any fuzzie injury.  
Again, welcome.

Smiley ,

Snuzanne

PS: sorry about misspells- I can't find the spellcheck and it is quite late
OCFerrets
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2007, 10:00:33 PM »

Hi Snuzzanne!!!

I replied in the other thread about the retrofit shelves for the FNs. Midwest Homes 4 Pets is a wonderful company that never ceases to amaze me with their customer service!

Yup, our ferret room is on a second floor, but somehow - none of our business (I call it a corporation since there's so many) climb the outside of the FNs. Call it luck or whatever, but they'd rather play amongst a loft room and our bedroom than really try to climb anything - thank God!

What can you do to help legalization efforts? Support Ferrets Anonymous! Support the groups that are doing what no one else has the "cajones" to do and push to legalization! Through my website OCFerrets is not only a chapter of Ferrets Anonymous, we are also an active group that will do whatever it is going to take to make enough noise for people who can change the laws that govern us to finally take notive. Our freedoms are being disregarded, and for what reason? No one can honestly tell me why a domesticated companion animal is illegal here, and nowhere else in the Continental United States...

As far as beautiful little Lancelot goes - no thanks are necessary, but I am glad to be able to provide the funds needed to care for him. If I lived near Ottawa, I'd visit him as often as I was allowed. He's a special little soul - that much I can see. I think about him every day - and hope that he's happy, healthy and enjoying the golden days of his lifetime. Is it weird that I already know that some day, if you should email me to tell me that little Lancelot has crossed the bridge - I'll cry my eyes out? I don't know why I feel such a bond to him - but I do. Thank you for allowing me to help out with him.

No biggie about spellcheck.. lol
I am however an ex-magazine Editor though... proper spelling makes me giddy!

Wink
Snuzanne
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2007, 03:50:12 AM »

Hello Again,

Ex-Magazine Editor,  what makes you giddy, makes me shiver......Remember that Canadian and American spelling differs, right!! But you already know that.  Now I am going to have to check my typing and my grammar, oh no. Shocked

Again Welcome and I am sure that some of our members will also look into what we can do to help Ferrets Anonymous from our end.  As you say, it seems rather UnAmerican to ban ferrets from an Entire State.  I heard that New York City had also banned them and some other Cities across US had as well.  What are they afraid of. The revenge of the ferrets.  They are not Black footed ferrets and even those poor dears are having trouble returning to their natural wild state. Without the Louisville and Toronto Zoos working on reintegrating them, they would be all but extinct.  Domesticated ferrets don't have a chance.  New Zealand is also considering a total ban, I don't know if they have or not.  I know that introducing new animals changes the ecostructure but dogs and cats can both go wild, probably alot easier than a ferret.  Good Luck with your efforts and why don't you start a thread to keep up apprised of important information especially where we can help.

Dooks for now, Smiley

Snuzanne

(this document has not been edited for spelling and grammatical errors, it was way to early in the AM for that, lol)
fuzzyfostermum
FRSO Board

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2007, 03:54:56 PM »

Hey there!!!! It's wonderful to have you on our forums!  I'm one of our primary foster homes here in Ottawa and currently have 36 fuzzbutts running the show...... Tongue  There is like, one ferret for every square foot of floor space.....yeesh! That is a whole lot of ferret poopie!  They are all sooooo wonderful and I imagine my life will seem boring after all the weasel war dancing excitment! :blink:

As everyone else has mentioned, we appreciate your generosity for a special little soul like Lancelot! Thank you, no matter if you need to hear it or not!!!!!!!  I have a few permanent residences as well and they do have a very special place in my heart!

Keep us all up to date!

Me Smiley
OCFerrets
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2007, 06:55:17 PM »

I will give out updates on what we're doing, or at least link to a news column I have up at www.ocferrets.org in case anyone would like to read about things.

Hopefully, we'll have positive news, and plenty of it soon!

Thank you all very much for your hospitality!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: