Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
Products
Divider
Email info (at) ferretrescue.ca Phone 613-296-4357 Home Ferrets About Us Help Us FAQ Links Photos Products Contact Us Francais
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register
+ Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
|-+ Ferret Talk
| |-+ Best Buys for Supplies (Moderator: alliemackie)
| | |-+ Need New Litter advice
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Need New Litter advice  (Read 3358 times)
KerriL
« on: October 25, 2006, 10:02:54 AM »

I need some advice on what i can try for a new litter for Monty right now i am we use Yesterday's News and i think i am having a reaction to it . Is there a good alternative to this litter i can try ? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 10:03:31 AM by KerriL » Logged
Viper
FRSO Members

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 10:18:42 AM »

We use chemical free wood pellets for our kids. Found at Rona during the heating season for 5$ ( 40lb bag), it makes for a better financial alternative. It won't clump so it safe for ferrets.

I don't know if Rona has them out yet. If you wish, you can PM me if you want some (as I have extras).
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 10:20:08 AM by Viper » Logged

Keep on Dooking!
fuzzyfostermum
FRSO Board

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 08:10:54 PM »

Both rona and home depot have lots now!  If you are too far away, you can check a farm supply store to see if they sell wood pellet horse stall bedding.  it's the same thing for only a couple of bucks more. Still a way cheaper and cleaner alternative than yesterday's news......Smiley
KerriL
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 07:17:07 AM »

Thank you i will get some at Rona  Wink  
fuzzyfostermum
FRSO Board

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 09:24:12 AM »

ssosoooooooo........how did you fare?  Tongue  
KerriL
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 08:13:03 AM »

Great i really like the pellets much better keeps the room smelling fresh too .
Snuzanne
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2007, 06:44:14 AM »

That is so unfair, my guys still think that it is so much fun to play in.  And, last time Skyler was visiting with his brothers and sister, they all thought it was so much fun that they all decided to play in it, except the one they chose, was not as clean. Fun, Fun so they all had a bit of a clean, what else' a girl to do.  But my guys thinks it is as much fun as the rice bin.  So it is the wonderfully expensive swheat.. for their bottoms but at least they are using their litter boxes again, while they are in the cages at least.  Now outside of the cages is another matter.  What makes well trained ferrets untrain, I am sure we could all write a book on that topic.

:rolleyes:  
OCFerrets
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 09:48:55 PM »

I use something called SwheatScoop... its made from wheat, and is 100% safe. Low dust, and cannot harm them if ingested. Plus, it is flushable, and clumps GREAT!

For those running the shelter, it may not be the best option since its not as cost effective as some other products, but for home use and up to 11 ferrets (I speak from experience here). There is no smell and cleanup is a snap. We do clean thoroughly twice daily though.

More information here: http://www.swheatscoop.com/
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: