Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
Products
Divider
Email info (at) ferretrescue.ca Phone 613-296-4357 Home Ferrets About Us Help Us FAQ Links Photos Products Contact Us Francais
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register
+ Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
|-+ FRSO Updates
| |-+ Foster Ferrets
| | |-+ OCTOBER 2006
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: OCTOBER 2006  (Read 3447 times)
fuzzyfostermum
FRSO Board

« on: October 09, 2006, 07:51:04 PM »

Hey all!

I'm going to get a head start because I know I will have to do this in a couple of posts.......there are 30 fosters in my care at this time and more on their way....... :blink:

Chelsea-what a girl!  She owns the place and apparently that means she can poop wherever she wants......... <_<

Storm-funny old lady.....no one messes with her except Gwen....she's kind of scary looking.  Likes my socks, feet in.  You can imagine my surprise when I get a chomp on the toe and looked down expecting some young punk, only to find Storm latched on....what?  I didn't get your duck soup ready fast enough?!  Yeesh....PPPUUUSSSHHHYYY!

Angel-so sweet, so quiet, gives kisses.....looks older (especially beside Valentine) but is a crazy lady when we put that bell collar on and let her out in the main part of the house.....she honestly runs for an hour or more at a time.....you go girl!!!

Snoopy- HE USED THE LITTER BOX THE OTHER DAY!!!!!!!! YYYYEEEEAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Laurel and Hardy-This is a beautiful, healthy, loveable pair of ferrets. I can't wait to see them in a forever home.  Laurel's coat is gorgeous, like a steel grey and soft as silk. Hardy is put on lots of weight and super playful.

Gyno-He's sooooooo sweet!  He likes hanging with Laurel, Hardy, Angel and Panda....they get the run of the house and boy do they run.  Thick, soft coat and loves cuddles!

Panda-Kind of a sucky-poo with most of the fosters lately and needs more cuddles than she used to. Maybe she's growing up?  And then she trashes the plant and bites me in the toe and I know she's still a tyrant at heart!  We love her!  Man, can she run..........

Freddy- Could probably do as a single.....he loves being loose in the main home and just running around.  Loves to be carted around and really doesn't cause alot of problems.  Can be a bit of a bossy-boots with Hardy and Laurel.  His weight is great and his temperment with people is terrific as well!

Charlie-I just can't get over how great he looks for his age.  He is big and soooo healthy right now!  We're hoping his adoption is pending and will know within the next couple of weeks.

Sam-I think I know what he looks like but he hasn't slowed down enough for me to have a really good boo at him..........crazy playful and loves everyone....can be pushy...more like he runs slower ferrets over........

Cujo- Easy going.  Holy laid back!  Gets along with everyone....he's like the peace ferret......

CC-she's definately biased with gender.  Can play with all the girls but the boys are always being tattled on for even the smallest of indiscretions.....looks an awful lot like Hardy......

Baylie-Tazmanian devil.......she's so wired she squeals when she gets excited......Too cute! She's forever tackling my leg...... :lol:

Duncan- He is beautiful.........what more can I say?  Loves to be on my shoulder.....

Finn- Starting to get really playful and can be needy with affection.  He also likes being on shoulders and being held when he's not sure of things.

Aiden- Just a cool ferret.....plays, plays, plays......sleeps....eats....plays......

Gwen - she's nuts.

Kegan-Oh man, his weight has improved!  He looks and feels terrific!

JoJo-she's nuts too.  :blink:

That's all for now folks...................... Tongue

egammell
FRSO Members

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 04:22:17 PM »

Mocha is much better - responded v. well to treatments for (a) tummy --poop cleared up, appetite good, hardly any teeth grinding-- and (B) diagnosis of insulinoma.  He gained back his weight and tone dramatically and is fine, with support of meds.  He now needs 2ml Pediapred each night.  He dislikes intensely the generic version, but licks with great gusto the brand name version.  Maybe can investigate ingredients and suggest the generic company reformulate!  He was due for his 4-6 week interval Lupron shot -- late in the month he started showing dominance aggression towards Skyler.

Skyler:  doing fine.  He too was due for a Lupron shot.  

Both came with me travelling and had fun poking around a new house.  Skyler was best behaved and Mocha was busting with good sprits and some new humans to play with.

Tika:  went to sleepover camp chez Lynn.  She (Tika, not Lynn) was due for her Lupron shot, began to show symptoms and had the shot the end of the month.  She is due for the next shot October 28.
Sock Bandit:  also went to sleepover camp.  He doesn't need any medicine!  Is in good weight, not too fat.  Tika has been extra lively recently and Sock Bandit has to protest when he has had enough of being bugged.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 04:24:16 PM by egammell » Logged
ferretfan
FRSO Board

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 11:56:37 AM »

Jack and Jill are doing quite well, all things considered.  Jill has made a full recovery from her accident.  Just a small scab on her neck, no tenderness, or kinks of any kind.  She's running, jumping, dooking, eating and just plain being Jill.  Jack is doing just fine as well.  He has to go back and see Dr. Auger soon to have his check up, but he's eating, and playing a lot.  He still absolutely hates his medicine, and can't stand the solcrate.  Luckily we can feed him the meds mixed in ferretone, so it's not so tramatic.  He is still scrawny, but I think that he is just built like that.   He eats regularily, and he hasn't lost any weight.

Buster and Lancelot have been separated to provide Lance with less aggrivation from Buster.  We're still trying to find another ferret to keep Buster company, but haven't had much success yet.  He definately likes to play on his own and, of course, with any human who will pay attention to him.  Lancelot is in with two other laid back, older ferrets and is doing amazingly well now.  It's been at least 2 weeks since he's had a seizure and he's a lot more active (he's usually the first one to find me in the morning and let me know it's soup time).  Not bad for an 8 year old adrenal ferret with insulinona and bad teeth!

Teemu is doing very well - he's in with Lance and one of my ferrets.  While he generally doesn't interact with the other two, he doesn't mind their presence.  He's even more active than Lance and can fly up and down the stairs when given the opportunity.

Pepi and Mindy.  Both are doing well.  Pepi still has some mornings where he vomits up his breakfast, but it definately doesn't slow him down.  Some days he plays a little too rough for Mindy, but she tolerates it well and usually gets him back.  These are a very fun, active and playful pair of ferrets!

Pixie, Cricket and Jingles.  It now appears that Pixie is not adrenal.  Even with a 400cc shot of Lupron, her swolen vulva remains.  She'll be scheduled for surgery in a few weeks to find out what the cause is (possibly some ovarian remenants).  Hopefully we'll find a cure which will also reduce her agression as she can play rough with her cage mates (and sometimes her humans).  Cricket and Jingles are doing very well..  When Cricket gets excited it's a lot of fun to watch her zip around, bouncing off of everything and diving into the tubes.  Jingles is usually more reserved and is quite content to snuggle for a while.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 07:58:39 PM by ferretfan » Logged

Webmaster
http://www.ferretrescue.ca
ferretfan
FRSO Board

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 07:49:54 PM »

Mercedes continues to surprise by bullying the respect out of all the other ferrets in the house.  She's pretty much totally blind and does bump into things, but it doesn't seem to slow her down.  She continues to be the resident Duck Soup champ.  We just realized that she's 9 years old, so she can do whatever she pleases.  Lately, she's even been
cuddling up with the two Fat Boys (Angus and Dash) for naps!

Webmaster
fuzzyfostermum
FRSO Board

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 03:31:32 PM »

Omigod....I forgot valentine!!!!!

Sweet Valentine is the image of health and vitality....she's sweet, she's fun.....wow...how does she stay so white?!!!!  All in all, she's great!!!

Me Smiley
ferretfan
FRSO Board

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 09:50:05 AM »

Alice is doing very well. She is eating normally and her weight has maintained at 2.4 pounds.  She is an old ferret and as such she sleeps most of the time although she really comes alive when it is time to toddle down the hall the get the mail. Running the halls with us is her favourite activity. She is more people oriented- on those occassions when she is awake- than she was when Malfoy was alive. She loves to sleep in my sleeping bag.

Webmaster
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: