Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
Products
Divider
Email info (at) ferretrescue.ca Phone 613-296-4357 Home Ferrets About Us Help Us FAQ Links Photos Products Contact Us Francais
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register
+ Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
|-+ Ferret Talk
| |-+ General Discussions (Moderator: alliemackie)
| | |-+ A daddy says goodbye
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A daddy says goodbye  (Read 2323 times)
Kalimata

« on: June 20, 2006, 03:35:08 PM »

Dearest little baby,

You came into our life a scared little girl.  You didn't know the joys of life, the happy things that your brothers and sisters enjoyed.  You would run from us and hide under the wall unit, cringing from our touch.  You never played with the toys, never enjoyed the treats.  But we loved you.

You were meek, shy and timid.  You had problems with trust, and emotional issues.  You were also weak, your little backside dragged a bit, and you had some troubles running.  But we loved you.

The days passed, and you began to improve.  I would crouch down in front of you, and show you my hands, and you didn't run.  You began to learn that ferretone was a tasty treat.  You discovered mommy's slippers, and how fun it was to hide them.  You became the toy bandit, stealing everybodies toys, hiding them in your favorite spots.  And we loved you.

You never ever got the whole litterbox thing.  You pooped on the floor, but we still loved you, with everything we were.

And then you went to the frolic and met other babies, and you bloomed.  You would let me hold you, and hug you and kiss you.  You finally found a treat you liked, and learned the joy of treat time.  You learned the joy of the rice box, and played and shuffled and dug, and lived.  You even learned how to play with your brothers and sisters, especially little Mars.  You became a true ferret, and thrived.  And we loved you.

You came from a bad place, and through strength and determination, overcame all your obstacles.  You thrived where others would have given up. You showed me so many things, my little baby. We loved you

You were taken from us in such a tragic manner.  You should have been with us for many many years to come little one.  But the gods decided that it was your time to leave us.  Perhaps it was because you had learned all the things your soul needed to learn in this life.  Maybe it was because you taught our souls what you needed to lteach us.  Whatever the reason, you are gone, and I miss you.  But you have a nice bed to sleep in, at Grandma and Grandpa's house.  You have your blanket, and your toy, and a pretty box to sleep in.  You have my pentacle to keep you safe.  We planted a beautiful tree to mark your sleeping spot.  The gods wept with us as we tucked you in to your final bed.  We all loved you.

So thank you for the time we had with you.  Thank you for teaching me about determination.  Thank you for showing me that no matter what is holding you back, you can always overcome obsticles, all you need is to be positive.  Thank you for loving me, as I loved you.  And thank you for the final goodbye gift of the rainbow my love, it helped the hurt and sorrow I feel.  I loved you so much my little girl, with all my heart.  You will always live on in my heart, never to leave.  I know we will meet again, in this life or the next.  Sleep well my little Star, Daddy loves you.

Star Leaman Born November 2005, Died June 18th 2006

I didn't write this letter for sympathy.  But my love for my little girl so tragically taken from me needs to be expressed.  My feelings needed to be put into words, and displayed for all to see, to do any less would dishonor her memory.  I know you all understand the depth of my love for my little girl, and the deep deep sorrow I feel for her passing.  Love all your babies, hold them, treasure them.  They are fragile little angels, and you must relish and experience every minute you have with them.
Viper
FRSO Members

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 03:56:18 PM »

:blink:  Sad  

Keep on Dooking!
ferretfan
FRSO Board

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 07:27:37 PM »

OMG, I am SOOO SORRY to hear about Stars passing.  Losing these guys is never easy.  **HUGS**

Webmaster
Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
http://www.ferretrescue.ca
m&m
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 11:04:55 PM »

Sad  hugs from us and fuzzy kisses from our boys. we are truly sorry for your loss
FuzzyWuzzy
FRSO Members

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 06:28:42 AM »

So sorry to hear about Star's sudden passing. She was so young... Sad
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: