Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
Products
Divider
Email info (at) ferretrescue.ca Phone 613-296-4357 Home Ferrets About Us Help Us FAQ Links Photos Products Contact Us Francais
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register
+ Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
|-+ Ferret Talk
| |-+ General Discussions (Moderator: alliemackie)
| | |-+ A couple questions about the frollic
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A couple questions about the frollic  (Read 4112 times)
Matthew
« on: June 02, 2006, 07:33:58 PM »

We have a small litter box and a extra leash(needed dif colours for our ferrets. so have an extra red one). We would like to donate them for your sales at teh frollic. Do we just bring them and give them to you there?

Also is there parking? If so is there enough for teh suspected huge!!!!!!!!!! turn out or shoudl we go early to get parking. Thirdly is it paid parking or free. Fourthly if the parking is full is there somehwre else near that has extra parking. Fifthly is that extra parking free or paid?
Viper
FRSO Members

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 10:24:17 PM »

I would think that you can bring any/all (small) items you wish to donate, but the execs will correct me if I'm wrong.

As for the parking questions, the announcement post from April 17, 2006 04:41 pm indicates that there is free parking at the site. Should the parking lot be full when you arrive, there are parking spaces on the city street(s). I would suspect that there are parking meeters. Any additional parking in the area (be it city and/or private) is not likely going to be free.

As for what time should you arrive in order to gain a parking spot and/or will there be suffficient parking, who knows? This is my first Frolic but even for the "veterans", its a wild guess. Year after year, they do their best to promote the event in order to gain additional participants. But as we can all understand, "mother nature" always has an impact.

Keep on Dooking!
ferretfan
FRSO Board

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 07:28:54 AM »

Hi Matthew,

If you have clean items you would like to donate at the frolic for us to sell, just bring them to Nykki at the sales table.

As for parking, Viper covered it pretty well.  I didn't hear any complaints when we used the site in the fall, and this is only the second time we've used the site.  The McNabb community centre has free parking, but we're competing for it with activities that run at the centre.  There is also a small free parking area on Florence (off of Bronson), but it will likely be full from the vehicles we use to transport everything to the frolic.  There is parking on the streets around the area - many which have meters, but I *think* it's free on Sundays.  All I can say is at least we don't have that $4 parking fee the NCC charges at Vincent Massey park.

Webmaster
http://www.ferretrescue.ca
Matthew
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006, 08:01:12 AM »

parking is free on sundays with any meter. Thanks for answering teh questions and i will bring that stuff to ya guys sunday.
fuzzyfostermum
FRSO Board

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 04:25:01 PM »

I don't know if I met you guys or not?  Did you enjoy the frolic?!

ME  Tongue  
Matthew
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 04:26:13 PM »

we loved it. Couldn't stay the hwole time the fuzz buts wore themselves out and went into comas. wanted to get them out of the heat.

which one was you?
fuzzyfostermum
FRSO Board

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006, 09:56:54 AM »

I was the one running around with the pink tank top on and baseball cap.......I had my kids in the black cages near the ear mite tent.....I led the parade with the bumble bee....laughing my fool head off....... :lol:  
Matthew
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2006, 11:11:17 PM »

you would of got to know us better but all your rules say that your ferret needs to be over 1 year to enter. So all 3 of ours being under 1 year meant we couldn't do any of the contests.

I suggest having stuff for the young hyper ones alongside the older guys next frollic.
Sci-Ferret

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2006, 12:40:55 AM »

We were the 3 fuzzies over by Viper and Fuzzywuzzy

You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing.
fuzzyfostermum
FRSO Board

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2006, 10:36:21 AM »

Yah...that's not a bad idea....a little tyke competition....the only reason we don't let the really little ones compete is because we don't want them to over tire or over heat and some were really overwhelmed.  We could see about making a really low key, but fun game for them....like toy bobbing or something.....they can go fast but not be smashing into any big ones or getting scared.

Did you guys see the really little guy, Gaelin, sleeping in the arms of his mom......way too cute!  I guess he was deaf, so nothing was disturbing his beauty sleep....... Wink  
Matthew
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2006, 02:35:45 PM »

ya I seen him. He was a lil baby.

an idea:

dig up flowers in teh sand box compition. Ours would win at that. You know how all teh flowers were laying on the ground... you can blame that on us:(

post teh frollic pictures
ferretfan
FRSO Board

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2006, 03:16:35 PM »

We will post the photos once we have a spare moment to start processing them.  If you have any that you took and would like to see on the site, please send them to me!

Thx.

Webmaster
ferretfan
FRSO Board

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2006, 08:48:06 PM »

OK, I've finally managed to post a few Frolic Photos.  More to follow on the weekend.

Webmaster
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: