Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
Products
Divider
Email info (at) ferretrescue.ca Phone 613-296-4357 Home Ferrets About Us Help Us FAQ Links Photos Products Contact Us Francais
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register
+ Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
|-+ Ferret Talk
| |-+ General Discussions (Moderator: alliemackie)
| | |-+ ADV
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: ADV  (Read 1699 times)
JenJen
ADV
« on: May 18, 2006, 05:20:22 PM »

Hi All,

As a fomer ferret owner I know how concerned we all are about the health our fuzz butts...  So after wondering what I could do to let people in our area know what I heard, I thought posting this here might be my best option....

Yesterday, while I was out running, I came across a woman out walking her two ferrets and I had to interrupt her peaceful walk to gush,  ooooh and awwww over her little ones.  Naturally, I asked her if she would be going to the Ferret Frolic and she told me that she would not be attending because she had heard (I believe she said through her vet or that of another ferret owner she knows) that ADV had made it's way to the Ottawa shelter (or perhaps she said a foster home...Sorry to be a little unclear of all the facts).  I am ashamed to admit that the first thought that ran through my mind was that I didn't have ferrets any more and didn't have to worry about going through that.  As I went on my way I began to think of all the ferrets and ferret owners that DID have to worry about this horrendous illness.  I worried the rest of the day and night about the possibility of hundreds of people and their pets enjoying the Frolic, unknowingly coming in contact with an infected ferret.

I wish I had a chance to talk more in depth with the lady that I met and if I do see her again, I will ask more questions.  But with ADV, people need to be aware that it's here in Ottawa and that perhaps they should make extra sure that the Frolic will be clear of any infected fuzzbutts.....  I do wish everyone luck, I hope I haven't freaked anyone out too much, but I know for myself at least, I would want to know if that disease was here.

Take Good Care,

Jen
Matthew
ADV
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 09:01:25 PM »

anyone else hear of this?

http://exoticpets.about.com/cs/ferrets/a/aleutiandisease.htm for people who don't know what adv is.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 09:57:39 PM by Matthew » Logged
fuzzyfostermum
FRSO Board

ADV
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 02:04:19 AM »

Hey all.....check out the info we've posted and rest assured we will keep you all up to date about the rumours.......

Me Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: