Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
Products
Divider
Email info (at) ferretrescue.ca Phone 613-296-4357 Home Ferrets About Us Help Us FAQ Links Photos Products Contact Us Francais
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register
+ Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
|-+ Ferret Talk
| |-+ Introductions (Moderator: alliemackie)
| | |-+ New Ferret Owner
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: New Ferret Owner  (Read 4924 times)
Sci-Ferret

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2006, 09:25:28 AM »

Hi,

I'm Matthew's wife/co-ferret lover. Loki is my lil live wire and I love her to bits.  

You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing.
fuzzyfostermum
FRSO Board

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2006, 02:42:08 PM »

My biggest fear is always other animals. Namely dogs.  I'm overprotective, even after a few years and always keep half an eye open for dogs or even big birds if you are out where they could get at your kids.  never let them off the leash outside,  I just don't think it's worth it........They don't usually eat grass but they may attack bugs and if they find any, mice.......they're having flashbacks to their long lost heritage........watch out for other people's lawns and pesticides at this time of year....garbage.....hmmmm, I can't think of any other major things......have fun....as you said, watch the weather.....too hot or too cold is bad.  They tolerate cooler weather better than hotter stuff.  They don't pant and don't sweat so they have no way of really actively cooling themselves and also don't give really obvious warnings that they are getting distressed.

Biggest thing.....enjoy yourselves!!!!

Me  Tongue  
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: