Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
Products
Divider
Email info (at) ferretrescue.ca Phone 613-296-4357 Home Ferrets About Us Help Us FAQ Links Photos Products Contact Us Francais
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register
+ Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
|-+ Ferret Talk
| |-+ Introductions (Moderator: alliemackie)
| | |-+ Hello!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 2645 times)
Panthea
« on: May 04, 2006, 11:42:23 AM »

Thought I would introduce myself, since I just joined the forum.

My name is Teresa, I run a small rattie rescue in Ottawa.  And am now proudly owned by my very first ferret.

I have worked with ferrets before but never have had one to call my very own.  Her name is Spaz and boy does it suit her.  

I actually know fuzzyfostermom fairly well, we use to ride horses together, and she has come to my rescue a few times now in her job as a paramedic.  Didn't know about the Kickboxing, you sure are one busy woman.  Give Shorty a pet for me Cheesy

Now that I have Spaz, I realise that I should eventually (in the next month or so) work on getting her a friend to keep her company, since just like my rat babies they are very social.  I think the next one is going to be from the ferret rescue.

Looking forward to meeting you all,

Teresa
Kalimata

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 12:58:57 PM »

Howdie!  Welcome to the wonderfull world of Ferrets Cheesy  Betcha can't get just one...
Panthea
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 03:30:05 PM »

Oh probably can't stick to just one.  I made a quilted blanket for the bottom of Spaz's cage so if would be all soft and she could wrap herself up.

Nice to meet you
Teresa
fuzzyfostermum
FRSO Board

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 12:55:30 PM »

Hey there lady!  I gave shorty a pat for you.  He's 38 and still looks hot!

So you went ahead and got yourself a fuzzy!  Terrific!  Definately keep us up to date on how everything goes and let us know when you need a friend!

How are you doing otherwise?  Did I know you ran a rat rescue?  If you here of anyone who would like 3 cream coloured brothers, about one year of age, friendly but not handled tons, let me know.  I keep these guys clean and well fed and they have a huge cage but are not getting the sort of love they most definately deserve.  Since I normally have 20 to 30 ferrets at any given time, and since, as you well know, the two species don't mix, I find it very difficult to get them out to play at all.  It's unfair and I would be thrilled to find them a home.

Anyway, I'm sure we'll talk lots!  Congrats!!!!

ME Smiley
Panthea
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 02:52:42 PM »

I can not belive that Shorty is that many years young..

Spaz is a sweetie and loves to hand wrestle and run dooking all over the house.  That is actually how we find her if she has hidden under something we start making dook dook sounds... it is so funny watching a bunch of adults dook dooking to find a fuzzy.

I want to get a much bigger cage for her before I get her a companion because there is just not enough space for two.  I am hoping to save my pennies for that big cage the rescue has for $200.  I already have a place picked out for it and everything.

I will keep an ear to the ground about the three boy rats.  I will ask my other foster mom if she knows of anyone wanting to take them in.  

Take Care
Teresa
fuzzyfostermum
FRSO Board

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 03:19:30 PM »

Perfect! Let me know if you hear anything about the ratty kids.

Good luck saving your pennies for a cage!  Having a proper sized one for 2 fuzzies makes everything more comfortable for all.  Plus it's fun changing thier hammocks and such around for added fun.

Are you going to the frolic?  I'll be in the foster tent!!!

ME Smiley
Panthea
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2006, 09:11:25 AM »

I got a HUGE cage for Mother's Day.  It has tubes and levels and wow, 4 feet tall with room for everything.  

I am hoping to make it to the frolic but I am not sure as I may have to work that day.  I am keeping my fingers crossed to be able to make it out atleast part of the day.

Teresa
fuzzyfostermum
FRSO Board

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2006, 02:43:58 PM »

Cool present!!!!  Nice timing!!!!

Hopefully you can make it!!!  I know about the working thing.....I seriously need to catch up on cash so I'll be doing tons of overtime.....yuk...

ME Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: