Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
Products
Divider
Email info (at) ferretrescue.ca Phone 613-296-4357 Home Ferrets About Us Help Us FAQ Links Photos Products Contact Us Francais
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register
+ Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
|-+ Ferret Talk
| |-+ Introductions (Moderator: alliemackie)
| | |-+ Double Newbie!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Double Newbie!  (Read 4905 times)
FuzzyWuzzy
FRSO Members

« on: February 22, 2006, 08:10:07 AM »

Hello everyone!

I’m not only new to these forums; I’m also a (brand new!) first time ferret owner. My husband and I just adopted a pair of fuzzies from the Ferret Rescue Society this past weekend.

We’ve since been spending the time getting to know our new fuzzies and learning loads about ferrets in the process! After spending a couple of days getting to know their new surroundings (i.e. their cage and part of our house), they started playing with us on Monday night. It was great fun! They were doing their “war dance” and chasing me around the house. My husband was in stitches!! Actually, we both were! :lol:

Not having owned (or been owned by) ferrets before, we’ll probably be asking lots of questions and will surely appreciate any answers you give us. I think of this forum is just great. It'll be nice to be able to talk endlessly about our fuzzies without annoying our "ferret less" friends! Cheesy  

Until next time! Smiley  
fuzzyfostermum
FRSO Board

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 04:33:24 PM »

Glad to hear the first couple nights with your new fuzzy family was a blast!!!!! Can't wait to come and visit you all!  (yes, it's me)

Keep us all up to date on how things are going and I will speak to you both soon!!!!

Above all else;  HAVE FUN!

Me Smiley
Viper
FRSO Members

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 11:07:17 AM »

Glad to hear the first couple nights with your new fuzzy family was a blast!!!!! Can't wait to come and visit you all!  (yes, it's me)
We kinda figured...  Tongue

But yeah, for far so good. They are great, funny and a bit crazy... But that's all good. We wouldn't have it any other way!  Smiley  

Keep on Dooking!
Flakyfreakyferretlady
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 10:46:42 AM »

Welcome fuzzywuzzy! So glad you've adopted 2 wonderful friends, post some pics if you can, who did you get?
Viper
FRSO Members

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 08:06:00 AM »

We've adopted Bailey & Nicky (http://www.ferretrescue.ca/ferretinfo.php?webid=149&lang=E).

They are so adorable and are getting used to they new home (at least, we hope).  :unsure:

We're still learning how to play with them (and the same goes for them vs. us). Nicky has loads of energy and a pretty good bite!  :blink:

Bailey is a happy-go-lucky ferret...  Whatever happens, she's cool and she plays so gently with her humain friends.  Tongue

As for pictures, we're still trying to get them to hold still for 3 seconds so that we can take a good picture.  Cheesy  Thank the tech gods for digitals cameras! I've already taken over 200 pics.  Just need a chance to weed out and upload the best ones. But as is life, especially with new fuzzies, I don't have (or want to take) the time (away from them) to do the work. Every evening, my wife and I are on the floor teasing and/or chasing them across the house.

Our neighbours must thing we've gone nuts...  Tongue  

Keep on Dooking!
Flakyfreakyferretlady
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 03:29:25 PM »

OMG, I've always worried about what my neighbors must think of me.  My building is totally not soundproof and i'm always squeeling, laughing like a loon, sliding around on the floors, talking baby talk etc.  I don't know why they haven't called the loon squad to come get me yet!! Wink At least my ferrets don't fight now, i used to have several that would tussle with each other  and scream like they were being murdered before i could break them up, suprised the cops didn't show up, them screaming, me yelling, what a fiasco! :lol:  Hope Nicky corrects the nipping soon, just have to be consistent and firm with him when he gets to rough, make him take a time out, sometimes they just get too wound up.  Good luck! Cheesy  
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 03:44:19 PM by Flakyfreakyferretlady » Logged
fuzzyfostermum
FRSO Board

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2006, 01:42:41 AM »

Hey.......it doesn't help when the foster mum comes over and winds them both up........... Tongue  
Viper
FRSO Members

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2006, 01:15:20 PM »

As for pictures, we're still trying to get them to hold still for 3 seconds so that we can take a good picture.  Cheesy  Thank the tech gods for digitals cameras! I've already taken over 200 pics.  Just need a chance to weed out and upload the best ones. But as is life, especially with new fuzzies, I don't have (or want to take) the time (away from them) to do the work. Every evening, my wife and I are on the floor teasing and/or chasing them across the house.

Here they are!

Bailey
Nicky
Bailey & Nicky together

Keep on Dooking!
Kalimata

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 03:35:18 PM »

What beautiful pics of your babies.  As soon as I can figure out how to "host" pics on the net, I may post some of my babies pics.  
FuzzyWuzzy
FRSO Members

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2006, 07:06:39 AM »

Thanks!  Cheesy

As long as you have the pics in digital format, it's very easy to do since there are tons of picture hosting sites out there that will allow you to post your pictures for free.

We use Sony's ImageStation, which is very easy to use, but a quick Google search should tell you which other sites are out there, so you can pick the one that you like best. Some of them require that anybody you views your pictures be registered with the site, though, which can be pretty annoying.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 07:07:23 AM by FuzzyWuzzy » Logged
fuzzyfostermum
FRSO Board

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2006, 07:38:39 PM »

I'm going to ask a dumb question....how can I get a cute ferrety picture for my forum name?

I have digital pictures of my crazies.....

Me  :unsure:  
Viper
FRSO Members

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2006, 10:13:53 AM »

Simple. Once you are logged to the forum, "click" on your "name" found on the top of the page. Look for:

Logged in as: ***** [ ## New Messages ]

On the next page, titled "Viewing Profile", "click" on "Avatar Options" found on the left side below the Signature.

[ Edit my Signature · Avatar Options · Edit my Profile ]

Here, on the bottom of the page, you will be able to "Upload a new image from your computer". Simply "click" on the "Browse..." button and find your pic.

The "Image Scale" is "On". In other words, this will reduce the image down for you if it's too big in pixel size.

"Click" on the "Update Avatar" button and voila!

Keep on Dooking!
fuzzyfostermum
FRSO Board

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2006, 12:59:29 PM »

Awesome!!!!  I'm going to go through my pictures now......I imagine I will probably use a picture of my Pheonix who passed over the rainbow bridge while I was overseas.  I'll just have to find the cutest one of course!!!!!!!

Thanks again!!!!!

How are your kids, anyhoo?

ME Smiley
Viper
FRSO Members

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2006, 09:02:32 AM »

The kids are great! All 3 are getting along so well! :wub:

Bailey still rules the place although Bella likes to challenge her to a play fight regularly. You were right. Bella can not only take care of herself but also gives a good run to whoever.

Nicky has been play fighting a bit less lately (we keep saying how he's smart to stay out of Bailey and Bella's way while they're going at it) but otherwise the same lovable crazy fuzzy.  Tongue  

Keep on Dooking!
fuzzyfostermum
FRSO Board

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2006, 09:11:04 AM »

Good...I'm glad all is well and crazy as it should be!!!!!!!!!!

ME Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: