Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
Products
Divider
Email info (at) ferretrescue.ca Phone 613-296-4357 Home Ferrets About Us Help Us FAQ Links Photos Products Contact Us Francais
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register
+ Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
|-+ Ferret Talk
| |-+ Best Buys for Supplies (Moderator: alliemackie)
| | |-+ Food - Totally Ferret
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Food - Totally Ferret  (Read 5373 times)
egammell
FRSO Members

« on: January 05, 2006, 02:52:34 PM »

Please post a reply if you can beat:

Dec 2005  Critter Jungle in Hampton Court Plaza (NE junction of Carling and 417)
1.82kg/4lb bag blue 'Active Ferrets'  was $15.59, with tax $17.93

...or list the price at another store that is yet worth patronizing for quality of service or convenient location
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 02:57:48 PM by egammell » Logged
ferretfan
FRSO Board

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 08:35:22 PM »

I bought a 15lb bag (had to order it in advance) of Totally Ferret Active for $58.99 plus tax from Berry's Pet food on Beachwood.  That works out to be a little more expensive than the smaller bag from Critter Jungle, but I hate the small bags as they don't last very long (and the Berrys store is closer to me than Critter Jungle).

Webmaster
http://www.ferretrescue.ca
fuzzyfostermum
FRSO Board

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 07:29:56 PM »

Can everyone keep their eyes open for other places to get Ultimate 8 in 1 or Sheppard and Greene.  I live in Dunrobin so the Super Pets are just not convenient.  It's the only place I've found to have a decent selection of ferrety stuff and foods.   By far I've had the best success with these two foods with my fuzzies health and coats etc.  I've taken to adding Zupreen into the mix because I also find that the smaller bags just don't last.....especially with 24 ferrets the house......How do you find Totally ferret?  I may look at using a big bag of that instead of Zupreen........

There's a really terrific article in the ferret magazine about the different ferret foods and how they compare with each other. It also explains the differences with Cat and Kitten foods and how these do not meet the needs of ferrets in many ways....if anyone is interested in the article let me know.......

Me Smiley
ferretfan
FRSO Board

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 07:35:41 PM »

I know it probably doesn't help you much, but I buy my Zupreeme, Sheppard and Greene and Ulitmate 8in1 food at Petsmart.  I like Totally Ferret too and most ferrets I have had stay here haven't had any problems with it.  

I don't see why you can't ask any local stores that stock 8in1 products (most do) to order the Ultimate food for you - only thing is you'll probably pay a little more for it.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 07:37:21 PM by ferretfan » Logged

Webmaster
fuzzyfostermum
FRSO Board

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 09:28:55 PM »

It's so true. I asked my sister to see what she could order at petvalu where she worked but  only petvalu approved stuff can be ordered.  Too bad........I'm going to need to try to find somewhere that I can get bigger bags for the foods I feed......

ME Smiley
ferretfan
FRSO Board

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2006, 09:48:15 PM »

Unfortunately the only decent food that comes in larger bags is Totally Ferret.   According to the Canadian distributer (Leis Pet), you should be able to order larger bags (15lb and 30lb) of TF from BERRYS/YOUR PETSCHOICE-KANATA, 64 STONEHAVEN DRIVE UNIT K, KANATA, ON, 613-831-2333.   I do the same from the Berry's on Beachwood.

Webmaster
fuzzyfostermum
FRSO Board

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 07:09:56 PM »

Thanks!  I'll do that......I feed Zupreen with the other two kibbles so maybe I'll just use the totally ferret as the 3rd instead........
ferretfan
FRSO Board

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2006, 07:39:05 AM »

Also note that if you special order 5 items (doesn't matter what) that total more than $75, most Berry's stores can discount the price.  

Webmaster
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: