Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
Products
Divider
Email info (at) ferretrescue.ca Phone 613-296-4357 Home Ferrets About Us Help Us FAQ Links Photos Products Contact Us Francais
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register
+ Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
|-+ Ferret Talk
| |-+ Best Buys for Supplies (Moderator: alliemackie)
| | |-+ Litter - Wood Stove Pellets
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Litter - Wood Stove Pellets  (Read 5928 times)
ferretfan
FRSO Board

« on: December 30, 2005, 04:36:28 PM »

Wood Stove Pellets 40 lb bag - Rona on Innes rd (drive through near the cash) $4.98 Dec 30, 2005

Webmaster
http://www.ferretrescue.ca
fuzzyfostermum
FRSO Board

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 07:56:19 PM »

There's also wood pellet horse stall bedding available at different feed and supply stores all year round. The wood stove pellets are seasonal.  The horse bedding is about the same size bag but sells for 6 to 7$

Smiley
ferretfan
FRSO Board

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 08:10:57 PM »

I also spotted the wood stove pellets in Home Depot on Cyrvile Rd, but there was no price.

Webmaster
Kalimata

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 11:57:12 AM »

This stuff is the best!  Compared to the 20 some dollars for yesterday's news, hah!
fuzzyfostermum
FRSO Board

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2006, 04:08:31 PM »

The home depot in Kanata still has some bags left......Just some info though, a vet I was speaking with mentioned the possiblity of skin mites......not ear mites.....I haven't seen any issues with skin or hair loss not related to something else but I figured it was info worth sharing.....

ME Smiley
Kalimata

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 12:19:58 PM »

My wife just picked up some on Saturday (April 1st) at the Cyrvile road Rona, so they have some.
My kids have been using the wood pellets for litter for about 5 months now, and they seem to be okay, no excessive scratching, and I check their skin condition daily.

Kali
fuzzyfostermum
FRSO Board

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006, 03:31:23 PM »

Yah, I haven't had any issues later.  It just made me stop and think a bit when the vet said that.  I get mine as horse bedding 'pinnacle pine' at the kinburn feed store in....you guessed it....kinburn.

Me Smiley
cerne
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2006, 03:37:06 PM »

Ya just so you know Rona at 1880 Innes has 18kg bags for $4.98 and they have like 100 bags or so in stock now its hard wood pellets though hopefully its just as good. oh and i just called them 5min ago and it is May 26th. I just got my 2 fuzzies 2 days ago from a private owner for 200$ for the pair:D there only about a year and a half Demon and Trixy a boy and girl:) i am sure i will be psting more often now that i have some fuzzies of my own.

Justin :blink:  
fuzzyfostermum
FRSO Board

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2006, 11:36:29 PM »

Hey there!  Good to see you on the site! I dunno about hard wood.....the whole point of the soft wood is it gets wet and softens and absorbs well......i dunno.......don't buy too much.  I'm pretty sure what we're all buying has been soft wood but I could be wrong about that too.  Call around and see if anyone has any left if you haven't already.

I'm in the west end so won't get out there tonight.  I don't suppose you guys stay up super late on a work night.........no worries...I'll get out there at some point.

Good to see you on the forum!  Have fun with the crazy kids!!!!

me  Tongue  
ferretfan
FRSO Board

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2006, 06:06:21 PM »

If it's the bags by the cash at the drive through, they're fine (I used them last year).  As of Saturday, there were still some left.

Webmaster
fuzzyfostermum
FRSO Board

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2006, 10:42:42 AM »

I'm loving my horse bedding wood pellets.  If we could organize a big enough order, I could come into town with truck load for people.....

It's 7$ for the same size bag as the wood stove pellets......

ME Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: