Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
Products
Divider
Email info (at) ferretrescue.ca Phone 613-296-4357 Home Ferrets About Us Help Us FAQ Links Photos Products Contact Us Francais
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register
+ Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
|-+ Ferret Talk
| |-+ Best Buys for Supplies (Moderator: alliemackie)
| | |-+ Ferret Supplies
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Ferret Supplies  (Read 5964 times)
ferretfan
FRSO Board

« on: January 16, 2005, 08:48:22 AM »

I'm tired of hunting down ferret supplies and need your help.  I'll start by posting where I buy my supplies and ask that others do the same so we can all learn what places stock our needed supplies (food, toys, litter, hammies, etc).

Cages, hammies & sleep sacks: The Ferret Rescue of course!

Blankets: Value Village

Totally Ferret:  I special order large bags from  Berrys your PetsChoice on Beachwood Ave. (call one to two weeks in advance)

Kitten food, treats, zupreeme ferret food, supplements & supplies: PetSmart on Innes

Litter:  Rona Depot on Innes for Wood Stove Pellets (near the cash in the drive through section)

Lynn

Webmaster
http://www.ferretrescue.ca
Flakyfreakyferretlady
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2005, 09:32:34 PM »

I buy Totally Ferret, 8/1 Ultimate, Eukanuba kitten, Royal Canin, Petromalt, Ferratone, treats at PetValue (many locations) or at Petsmart at Innes.  I hear the new minimall out on Trim road, past the Cumberland vet, has a Berry's pet that sells Wellness plus other hard to find top notch food.  What I would like to know is where to buy corn starch packing peanuts to add to their rice box (cheap)?  Anyone?
L-Dawg
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 02:25:14 AM »

I was under the impression that peanuts were a definite "no no", since ferrets may swallow them whole, which results in it getting lodged in their intestinal tract causing a blockage?
ferretfan
FRSO Board

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005, 09:17:00 AM »

The great thing about the corn starch peanuts is that they disolve in water.  You can verify that you have the right ones by dunking them in water and seeing what happens (regular foam peanuts will not disolve).

Lynn

Webmaster
http://www.ferretrescue.ca
Flakyfreakyferretlady
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005, 07:49:02 AM »

Yes, as long as they are made ot of CORN STARCH they are Ok, but I seem to be having a hard time finding any, I even looked on E-bay under packing supplies etc. and only the styrofoam ones.  I've seen them in WalMart packed for kids to play in/with, but they are multicoloreds, very bright, which means dye, which I don't want my furrs to ingest, plus there are not many and they're are not cheap.   I need an environmentally friendly packing firm to give me some for cheap in bulk.
Yukkabelle

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2005, 01:22:07 AM »

Well I go to petsmart on Innes road... for nutri-cal, laxtone, ferrtone, ferretvite, Totally Ferret....and vegeterian food for dog

but I have a good petshop at Gatineau ... "A la niche" there are great and nice people ... and when I need something ... I can ask and they make a command. They have many catalog of supplies... They have many Marshall product like Ferret Lax, Furo-vite, Multi-Vite and Probiotic (good for sick stomack) and treats...

I have bought all my sleeps sacks and many hammies at The Ferret Rescue on the Frolic.

I have peanuts made with corn starch... but it is Francine she have give me a big bag... I don't know where we can find that.

Marie-Agnès

Yukka[/font]
Flakyfreakyferretlady
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2005, 10:19:16 PM »

Hmmm, the living world ferret food, is that the new stuff that hagen puts out??  Where do you get that??  Petsmart?  And does anyone know where to get Wellness food??  I'll have to drop Francine a line re:where she got the corn starch peanuts, maybe she can help me find some!!
Yukkabelle

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2005, 12:08:40 AM »

Yes the  Living World Ferret Food is a product of Hagen...

My gang love this food ... but this food contain corn ... Perhaps it isn't not good... ferret can to be allergic to the corn.

So for me at this time I don't have problem...

I see that Iams kitten contain corn too...and Totally Ferret too (corn meal)

I am a little confused. No I am big confused...:wacko:

So I buy Living Worl Ferret Food at my petshop "à la Niche" at Gatineau... I never see that at Petsmart.

Marie-Agnès  

Yukka[/font]
ferretlover
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2005, 05:52:57 PM »

Living World Premium ferret food can be found at Super Pet.  You can also find wellness there too. Thats where I get my fuzzies' food from. They love the Living world ferret food, I also find that it makes there poop less stinky (which is always a plus  Cheesy )
Flakyfreakyferretlady
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2005, 08:58:09 PM »

thanks guys, ya, it's pretty hard to find a food that doesn't contain some corn, i always try to make sure it is further down on the list of ingredients, not in the first three at least.  It is harder for them to digest, as well as it causing allergies in some ferrets, i look for rice instead on the label, but almost all have corn in there somewhere.  I don't think any of mine are allergic to corn but i always have some Gastric formula from the vet on hand for fuzzies who are sick, have diarrhea etc., it has duck instead of chickenand no corn and other foods that frequently cause allergies.  i had two girls who came to me for permanent foster, they both had chronic diarrhea when they arrived, i switched them to the anti-allegy food and wthin a month their long term diarrhea had cleared up and i was able to slowly switch them back to normal food.  It is Sooooo hard to decide on food for fuzzies!!  But I think I will try some Living world and Wellness next.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: