Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
Products
Divider
Email info (at) ferretrescue.ca Phone 613-296-4357 Home Ferrets About Us Help Us FAQ Links Photos Products Contact Us Francais
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register
+ Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
|-+ Ferret Talk
| |-+ You Know You're a Ferret Fanatic When... (Moderator: alliemackie)
| | |-+ You know your a ferret fanatic when....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: You know your a ferret fanatic when....  (Read 6685 times)
Jade
« on: April 14, 2005, 11:37:58 PM »

you look over at the four story cage that dominates your living room approximatly 15 minutes after putting your fuzzies back (after being out the majority of the day) and seven little pair of eyes are watching you sadly as they speed bum on the third level.  Tongue

~Jade :rolleyes:  
Flakyfreakyferretlady
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2005, 02:43:15 PM »

Ha, Yes, I can't stand to see those sad sad eyes looking at me.  Mine are out all day and put to bed at night but they act as if I'm a prison warden putting them in isolation.  They sleep in the bathroom at night and they dig, dig, dig at the door half the night, especially after i come in in the night to use the washroom, they can't understand why I don't let the mall sleep with me!
fertasticfour
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2005, 06:11:51 PM »

haha, ours do this great thing (  which im sure they all do...) that after we wake them up... they try to climb the cage and then Stretch vertically along the cage and then put their little fert arms up and tumble over until we let them out.. even tho they know.. its litter box first..then freedom!
pyxiepoo
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2005, 09:35:47 PM »

AAAHHHHHH!!!! my girls totally do that...and then I open the cage...2 get out immediately, and the last one stays in the hammock looking up almost looking like she is thinking "when are you going to take me out, do it now please..."
Jade
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2005, 10:32:54 PM »

LOL I have a girl like that, she simply rules her head towards me as if to say "hello I'm right here....geez lady you sure do take your time...." before she leans half her body out of her bed towards me lol

Jade
fertasticfour
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 12:03:48 PM »

I think all ferrets are crazy.   All I know is when I die I want to come back as a ferret. They definatly live the life Tongue
Sarah
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2005, 01:13:58 PM »

hahaha It's funny because my fuzzies are the complete opposite of eachtoher. When put back in the cage after being out for awhile Cyan (my big guy) will look at me like "aww thats it? Well thanks mommy! It was fun!" and then he's off to sleep till the next time! But Majenta, (my adorable little snot) SHE is a different story. If I'm in the room or she can see me she will roll around on the top level and look ever soooo cute to get attnetion. If i ignore her she'll dig at the cage and when I turn to scold her she flops over and looks cute again!!!!! Eventually she gives up and joins Cyan in bed with a HUGE huff and plop! If that isnt enough the really funny thing is...I'll leave the cage open for hours at a time...they'll come out and play for an hour or so with me then i'll have something to do and they will play with eachother...a couple hours later i will come back and they will both be asleep...so if I walk away...nothing happens and usually later they will wake up and want to play again...but if i close the door...whether i do it ever so slowly and as quiet as can be...Majenta will get up and start her "i want out routine!" So if i open it again she'll look at me like "Thats right! You better leave it open! What if I want to play after my nap huh? Didnt you think about that mom!" and then she'll go back to sleep!!!!!!!! Now if I could I'd leave the cage open unless I was out or asleep but I have roommates and they have pets so it's not fair to have them come out when ever they feel. We take turns but Majenta doesnt care!! but I love her anyway hahaha
ferretyone
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2006, 09:22:09 PM »

All 3 of ours wake differently. Evee is new to the brood and after her life of almost permanent confinement in the pet store has yet to grasp sleep-time. She thinks that since we let her out once we have no right to ever cage her again and will wake us up and cause hell until she gets bored and tries sleeping for another hour before repeating or until we finally let her out.

Covu does more or less what you described with your. Wakes up, yawns and rolls around on the little level on the first tier on his back scratching at the door like a pauper.

Charlie will sleep until he hears the sound of treats. At which point he will look and pout at you until you let him out. Most times he will want to crawl on your arm to get out instead of walking his lazy old butt out himself.
Patricia
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2006, 01:55:42 PM »

Hello to all of you! this subject is really cool.... You know your a ferret fanatic when.... I think I am one  Cheesy I have 2 cute and lovely ferrets my male almost 4 and my new little girl about 11 weeks old..... After I read your messages you make me feel like a real crazzy person  <_< Because my 2 little angels :lol: have their own bedroom and they have the honnor to sleep in a drawer with their own baby blanket  Tongue  My freind think I am strange But I don't care I loved them soooooooooo Much wath do you think.......  Shocked Sorry for my bad english I am french  
ferretfan
FRSO Board

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2006, 10:03:31 PM »

Hi Patricia,

Your english is pretty good... especially compared to my french (I'm learning... very slowly).  You're not crazy.. the ferrets have taken over ALL the bottom drawers in my bedroom.  I geve up and put ferrret blankets and sleep sacks in the drawers - is much easier then trying to keep my clothes in there.  Of course since I've usually got at least 8 or more ferrets here (and most pairs don't get along with the other pairs), I usually have to take them out of the drawers after their play times and put them back in their cages (I have 3 split Midwest cages setup in my office).

Webmaster
Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
http://www.ferretrescue.ca
Patricia
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2006, 12:38:13 PM »

Thank you you make me feel normal again Tongue  if it is possible  Cheesy

fuzzyfostermum
FRSO Board

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2006, 05:50:15 AM »

not if you have ferrets...... Tongue  
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »